TR
Years ago

Nash and the Suns v Kobe and the Lakers

Just how important is Nash to the Suns. Since Nash was injured the Suns have gone a 4 game losing streak, and are in danger of losing the best record in the NBA.

Stoudemire 's numbers have dropped bigtime since his partner in crime was lost, and I'd say that their 70 game winning season is buggerred, at the moment they can only lose 4 more games for the rest of the season.

Given this, would it be fair to say that Nash is more valuable to the Suns, than Kobe is to the Lakers???? Lakers are on a 2 game winning streak at the moment.

Topic #1683 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Kobe could be the most valuable player in the L if he pulled his large head out of his arse.

Nash definitely more important to his team. I hate Kobe

Reply #19114 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yep, agree with you Doc, but to me it seems that Nash makes the Suns purr, whilst Kobe runs the show to his own agenda.....

Much prefer a purring team to a one-man machine.

Reply #19115 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I don't know what the hell purr means, but I think we are on the same track.

Reply #19120 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

I saw on ESPN a few weeks ago - they compared Dwayne Wade and Amare Stoudemire to see who was the better player. I wasnt to sure on this topic but now, I would have to say it is Wade. He is a guy that can create is own shot. Stoudemire needs Nash - hence why Nash is more important to the Suns. Aside from signing Richardson and Nash, their team hasnt really changed and they were one of the worst teams in the league last season. Now with Nash, they are the best (not for long). Kobe can create his own shot and is not as important to his side as what Nash is. Still, Phoneix wont win a championship until they start playing defense and they get some depth in their side. I think even when Nash returns, they will still slide down in the standings - their starting 5 will get more tired and sore as the season goes on.

Reply #19124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyler - Excellent post.

Suns need some bench, imagine the playoffs, 7 games in 2 weeks, sore, injury no bench to back the starters up?

suns need a deeper bench or bye bye NBA championship!

Reply #19125 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Sund ain't gonne get near the Spurs. Bruce Bowen is the key. Deadly 3 point shooter and great defensive player. He was named NBA player of the week a fortnight ago. Nesterovic hits the biggest hook shots since Kareem, and Duncan will dominate Amare. Duncan is the only C in the league who can run the floor with him.

Ginobili is the best defensive 2 guard in a long time, and Tont Parker is the only PG qhicker the Nash (except Earl Watson).

Spurs for Championship.

Reply #19126 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

I gotta agree there, doc. They have kept their core group of players. They have guys who fill a different roles and Brown, brent barry etc. bring good energy off the bench. I think it will be detroit vs spurs and spurs to win.

If Duncan is having a bad shooting night, he doesnt take 30 shots like Kobe. He will take 9 or 10 and contribute other ways. They are such an unselfish team.

Reply #19132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget Miami, when finals hits Dwayne Wade will do jack all and Shaq will be the go to man in the Miami offence.

Miami vs Spurs in NBA Finals

Reply #19137 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

nash is more valuable to the suns then kobe is to the lakers!

Reply #19138 | Report this post

STAT owned Timmy  
Years ago

Duncan dominate STAT?

STAT needs Nash?

I suggest you peeps get some tapes and watch if you didn't see the Suns Spurs series.

Reply #37401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754