LC
Years ago

Funny Boomers vs Argentina - live now (spoilers)

The game should be nearly televised in full due on Channel 7 tonight due to it starting so late at 10:15pm in China, meaning it will be 11:45pm in Adelaide and 12:15pm in the Eastern states. Channel 7 should have no other option as most if not all of the ther sports would have been completed for the day.

This post will end up being a spoiler...

Boomers must beat Argentina tonight if they wish to have any hope of progressing to the knock out rounds, and Argentina will be desperate to record a win following their loss to Lithuania. Let's just hope the Boomers can play better and come up with the goods.

Topic #16841 | Report this topic

12:15- Damn that's late but at least if they actually show it this time, it'll be different.

Reply #198162 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Nah, think they are showing replays of the shooting and gymnastics from day 2 and basketball "highlights" shown around 1am. Highlights is code for 10mins of random play.

Reply #198170 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

for channel 7 it seems like gymnastics is more important then basketball. Swimming I can understand because thats where Aus gets most medals. But I do tend to agree ..why show the heats with no Aussies int here as well ??? and probably they think Boomers have NO chance anyways

Reply #198178 | Report this post

Maybe, but since when did Channel 7 take it upon themselves to show what they think people want to see based on possible success, as opposed to what people actually want to watch, regardless of the outcome?
Last night there was stupid sailing, volleyball and some other crud, which I ended up turning off.
How does that enable 7 to end up in a win-win situation?

I'd rather watch a sport that we lose a game in, than be forced to watch something else that I don't even want to see or have to turn it off because it's crap.
Their logic is just stupid....

Reply #198184 | Report this post

And we suck at gymnastics too, but they keep putting that on- it's not even popular!

Reply #198185 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Any chance of confirming that they will show the entire game tonight? Regardless of the final score?

I will stay up to watch the game but only if i am rewarded with a full game- i need my beauty sleep.

Reply #198187 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone who persisted with Seven last night missed women's volleyball on SBS - that Polish team is very easy to watch!

Reply #198189 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

I agree Isaac; lovely long legs on all of them!

Reply #198192 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

polish chicks are hot . hail the long legs of polski .
As for the boomers , why has duddo brother number 2 starting plugging the game as coming up soon on that stupid olympic wake up program " yum cha from bum sta "

Reply #198196 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

May as well call that show Bok Choy instead - it's a load of green shite that notbody likes.

(Mod: Funny, but I do like Bok Choy...)

Reply #198231 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Just for you Isaac....

http://www.bastardly.com/2008-bastardly-loves-the-polish-womens-volleyball-team-0811

Reply #198247 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Those polish girls have got legs as long as what I am tall i reckon.

Certainly easy on the eye as well.

Reply #198261 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Don't forget that Walshy will be on the radio at the game direct...worth listening to. ABC 891

Reply #198360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go boomers, Go for gold. Do us proud. Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi

Reply #198361 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Anyone know if channel 7 is actually going to make it worthwhile staying up tonight?

Looked on their site and sure enough, it says its on but there are no specifics- much like last game and we all know how that turned out....

Reply #198402 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

15min more an we will know

Reply #198428 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

About to start - channel 7 nothing

Reply #198432 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Watching it on the net - streaming well. Channel 7 still going with weightlifting...

Update: Ch 7 now showing the game!

Reply #198433 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

now on tv - ch7

Boomers really bad start, down by 9-1

Reply #198434 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very lazy pass from Newley leads to Nielsen being forced to foul Scola. Down 9-1.

Boomers have started Bogut, Nielsen, Newley, Barlow, Bruton.

Reply #198435 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

playing like shite again

Reply #198436 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Down 3-16 already? Instantly in a 10+ point hole.

Reply #198437 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

down 16-3

Looking bad...Barlow missd most of the team's shots
Nothing evident on offence

Reply #198438 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nocioni flops again...just as bad as an Italian
We are getting killed, down by 17

Reply #198439 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

ha - Wotho can dish out elbows...but he sure doesnt like copping em

Reply #198440 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wortho finally gets hit - revenge for all those elbows he's thrown at opponents...

Mills vs Prigioni is a great match-up - both very quick.

Reply #198441 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Now down by 18...Manu with a 3: 23-8
Mills, Anstey, Andersen, Newley, Wortho on court

Reply #198442 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

This is the worst i have ever seen a team start a game, we are letting ourselves be forced to shoot 3's(BARLOW GET THE FUCK OF THE COURT), our defense is completely dismal, i mean this is about as bad as i can watch.

How about we DRIVE to the basket and get some flow going. How about Gorjian does his fkin homework as realises the shit he pulls in Australia with muscling teams, is LEGAL HERE.

Reply #198443 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mils showing some class

Reply #198444 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thank God for Mills.....he is teh only one showing any aggresion on D....the rest of the team needs to get fired up and follow his lead

Reply #198445 | Report this post

BuTTS  
Years ago

Great going by Mills, nice to see the "rookie" of the team having to do the work

Reply #198446 | Report this post

BuTTS  
Years ago

Alright Mills getting a little to excited now!

Reply #198447 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Sav replaces Newley???? Game over. Gorj needs to be shown the door.

Reply #198448 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Aussies 3/14 from the field, 0/5 from downtown. Very poor.

Reply #198449 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

yawn.... why put saville on? whats he done for us?
also PLEASE put bogut on, he is our best player, forget the balanced court time strategy, bogut should play 30+ minutes against the great teams.

Reply #198450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut has been shit, we are better without him.

Reply #198451 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mills only player showing anything for Boomers.
All other Aussies have been poor.
Despite this we are only down by 12 at quarter time.
Worst I have ever seen the Boomers play this year.

Reply #198452 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Ok lets try to start again.

Bogut Step the shit up, Last comment I saw from him was when he was telling the world he is to good for the NBL, but hes one of the worst performers for us, no points, not rebounds...

Barlow stop shooting stupid assed 3 point shots when your BRICKING them.

Anstey why the hell did you rush a three when we had plenty of time.

Now for gorj to read this forums and step aside and let the fkin waterboy take over!

Reply #198453 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Not the start we wanted but pleasing to see we recovered a little bit of ground. We seemed to be too scared to attack the basket until Mills entered the game.

Reply #198454 | Report this post

quasty  
Years ago

Don't know whether Bogut's injured or just playing completely crap lately, but he hasn't done much even when he's been on the court. Saville in the team is a joke and we should have started Mills instead of Bruton. Also need an actual pure shooter in the team coz field shooting is killing us the last couple of games. Plus our defence so far (Goorjian's forte) has been embarrassing

Reply #198455 | Report this post

heart  
Years ago

Cannot contain anybody and shooting with no confidence.....

Reply #198456 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Slack passes, their guard getting it off Andersen in the post. Finally, Worthington breaks through for a lay-up.

Reply #198457 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Huge bizarre tip-dunk from Scola!

31-18.

Reply #198458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roosters coming home to roost for Boomers for not taking a shooter ... TGF Sav. Now let's get Redhage on to show why he is there.

Reply #198459 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

andersen is doing real well! please leave him on goorj and feed him the ball, just got an assist and a nice hookshot, also crashing the boards! andersen is stepping up!!!

Reply #198460 | Report this post

heart  
Years ago

A bit of emotion would be nice......Newley generally fires up.

Reply #198461 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

just as i say that, andersen gets subbed off... yawn, why sub off the player that is stepping up for us....

Reply #198462 | Report this post

heart  
Years ago

On notice right now Bruton.....

Reply #198463 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Seriously the team that got us back into the game, 3 of the subbed off..Mills ws running hard maybe a bit excited but he was providing us with an Effort, Shoulda let Phil continue coaching the Boomers, i can guarentee we would be playing better, and Yes I said that

Reply #198464 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

phil doesnt coach, he just calls subs

Reply #198465 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Defence picking up an we are finally pumping the ball inside - back to 10 points in it

Reply #198466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would you believe ... CJ was just out-flopped ... justice of the unicorn.

Reply #198467 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I turned the volume right down so I didn't need to listen Gaze and Co.They were not helping my mood.

Bruton is not up to the standard for a starting point and Mills has shown enough to start, Bruton looks too slow.

Reply #198468 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great three from Newley coming into half-time. 12 points. Really should've had it back to single figures.

Edit: Newley scores again on the buzzer to make it a 10 point game. Well done.

Reply #198469 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Down by 10 points at half time
Newley stepped up with a triple and a driving lefty to end the half.
We look better with Andersen, Bogut, Newley and Mills on court. I'd rotate Barlow, CJ and at this stage Wortho through. No more Saville please, even if he did hit one 3.
We are still within range despite playing like shite.

Reply #198470 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Is it just me or are the argnetines a bunch of soft, cry baby girls who are more interested in flailing there arms around at any given opportunity and are just trying to play the game 'let's see how many fouls we can sucker out of the refs'. If I were out there and I was on the receiving end of that, I would be getting in those soft beatches faces and letting them know that women's baskteball is having the day off and is scheduled at 9am the next morning!

Back to 10 at the half - if the soft crap stops being called and we make a jump or two more, keep penetrating and kicking it in and out, we will be half a chance.

Reply #198471 | Report this post

heart  
Years ago

Simply cannot defend on ball screens m-t-m, just have no idea. Zone looks better and may pay dividends. Argies are thugs but then again so was Croatia....we just take it.

Reply #198472 | Report this post

heart  
Years ago

Time to start Mills for the second half.

Reply #198474 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

We have got to have either Newley or Mills out there at all times, we are just too slow when we run with CJ, Wortho (who has GOT to realise that he can't take anyone off the dribble at international level) and Sav.

Reply #198475 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

OMG that was an embarassing 1st quarter. At least we fought them to a standstill in the 2nd. Problem is the Argies are too cagey. The instant we started putting any pressure on they were flopping all over the place. If we play good defence I predict the rest of the game will be a FT procession for Argentina. Our young Aussie paduwan's have much to learn about the way the intl game is called. Know this they do, and tentative it makes them.

Mills should play until he passes out from exhaustion. CJ should only play if he is camped in the corner, waiting for a pass from a double teamed Bogut for 3.

Reply #198477 | Report this post

BuTT  
Years ago

So the big question, Equestrain going to be on before the basketball, and then we catch the last 30 seconds of the game?

Reply #198478 | Report this post

quasty  
Years ago

Agreed on the super soft calls. Thereagain Argentina is a soccer nation - diving and acting for attention must come naturally. Maybe give Redhage a go, see what he can offer in addition to those that are contributing

Reply #198479 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Time for Bogut to put his game where his mouth is. Time for him to start playing as good as he thinks he is. I'm sick of hearing all his bragging and bignoting himself and then stepping up and doing absolutely f*ck all for Australia. If he is as good as he says he is and a no 1 NBA pick then bloody well do something about it!! Scola did, Nowitzki does every time, so does AK47, Gasol - they all play well for their country.

Reply #198480 | Report this post

S30  
Years ago

looks like all those complaints worked!

Reply #198481 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

"Our young Aussie paduwan's have much to learn about the way the intl game is called. Know this they do, and tentative it makes them."

when did star wars become a part of a basketball forum, go back to playing world of warcraft!

Reply #198482 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Now maybe some people might understand why giving players the skills to be able to 'know' what they need to do instinctively is better against this level of competition than the this same BG crap coaching! Players like Bogut cannot carry the whole team on his own shoulders.

Reply #198483 | Report this post

BuTT  
Years ago

Whew I was right, I thought 7 might actually show a whole game but not, they stuck to their shite coverage by showing us friggin HORSE's running around jumping(an event that can be seen in the wild without some tool sitting on top taking the credit)

Reply #198484 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

great, 3rd qtr starts and we're off to the equestrian!!!!

How much did Ch 7 pay for the games again??

Reply #198485 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

ffs WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT EQUESTRIAN?
the only ppl who fkn watch it is rich ppl who watch it on cable or foxtel neway, god damnit show us some basketball

Reply #198487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

omg this is horse shit literally

Reply #198488 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

No one on the Boomers team can guard Scola when he backs into the post. Fellas, he goes left all the time!

Reply #198489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neilsen with 4 fouls early in 3rd 45-33

Reply #198490 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Nocioni big three. 48-33 Arg pulling away again

Reply #198492 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Still with the equestrian?! Are you kidding me?

Reply #198493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorj must have ripped Bogut a new one ... he is actually playing now with a bit of spirit. Now a 7-0 run to Argentina.

Reply #198494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch it on StoogeTV 48-35 5:20 to go

Reply #198495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

link anon?

Reply #198496 | Report this post

Angier  
Years ago

Does anyone actually know why horses are given ridiculous names?

Reply #198497 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

http://www.rocketsnation.50webs.com/

Channel RN

Reply #198498 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Barlow needs to settle and play with more composure. His shot is not dropping and he should be using his speed and height to get to the basket.

Reply #198499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.stoogetv.com/player.html

Reply #198500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.stoogetv.com/player.html

Reply #198501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

50-36 5 mins to go in 3rd, Argentina in foul penalty for mostly stupid fouls

Reply #198504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen doing it on his own ... 57-42

Reply #198505 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

this farkin shiisen ! as if we give a rats fat clacker how well some pommy git or swedish lass rides a horse over some nicely coloured poles .

Reply #198506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

time to start teaching players how to travel - 3 step layups...

Reply #198507 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

puck u channel 7 , bastardo mudder bitches .

Reply #198508 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

3 QTR time 63-46

Reply #198509 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

3 quarter time aussies down by 17pts 63-46

Reply #198510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

63-46 at the 3rd ... Mills nice quick lay-up at end ... commentators note weakness of guards trying to contain Ginobli and Delpino

Reply #198511 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Gee, BG subs in Anstey for the last 3 mins, and with 1 min left in the qtr he fouls three times leading to one turnover and 4 free throws made!!!!

Reply #198512 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

ROFL!!! Brilliant Rotateonthis. Love it

Reply #198514 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mills clearly our shining light.
Andersen playing well.
Anstey shite.
Barlow shite.
CJ shite.
Bogut average.
Newley - did he see the court in the third?
No Saville - thank god.
Why we have not seen Redhage I don't know.
Ingles deerves a shot.
Wortho useless.

Reply #198515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ginobli called for a travel ... ha

Reply #198516 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Let me get this straight:

CJ 2pnts, 3 rebs, 2 assts in 21 mins.
Mills 8pnts, 1 reb 1 asst in 13 mins and been to the freethrow line 4 times.

Barlow 4pnts, 1 reb in 22 mins
Newley 7pnts, 2 rebs 1 asst in 15 mins.

Anstey, the NBL MVP last season has played less minutes than all of them. He outplayed Barlow, CJ last year and has played less minutes tha both.

Goorj has a real favouritism towards players he has coached and it has hurt our national team for a long time now. I have a lot of respect for his success as a coach but really maybe it is time for a change...

Reply #198517 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Channel Seven are just chasing the Medals, the horsies ar on because there is a medal up for grabs. I mean how can you not understand that an Animal doing all the work for a human in an event organised to find the best humans at each sport is way more important than watching actual humans. Im going to suggest the V8 supercars get a go in London, but to make them fit in with Equestrian they will be remote controlled.

Back to writing complaints to Seven

Reply #198518 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Back to finishing 9th in an Olympics

Reply #198519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage has his shirt off so might see some time soon

Reply #198520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage just gave one back to Scola to stop a layup ... earn the points

Reply #198521 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I think it might be time to accept the USA game might have been treated as little more than a training run by the Americans and that Australia is still not ready to go with the top 6-8 teams in the world at the moment.

Perhaps the World Championships will see us step up, followed by a real opportunity in London. It is especially important that attention is placed on the development of Mills, Ingles, Newley, Jawai, Bogut, Ogilvy and Barlow so they may be given as many opportunities as possible at international level.

Reply #198522 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Getting killed. They are just too slick.

Lockstock, Anstey has 4 fouls.

Big Ads, I tend to agree with the suggestion over the past few days that maybe Australia gave their all against the US and in warm-ups, whereas other sides kept something back as a competitive advantage.

Right now, Mills is the shining light for Australia - has helped drag it back to 10 points and has (or is nearing) 20 points - brilliant.

Reply #198523 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I have to completely Disagree Big Ads, we have the talent in Australia to go up against these teams, We are lacking the passion, the coach, and some non Sydney players. Oh someone that can shoot from the outside would be bloody nice.

Right now Mills is our highest scorer with 18 points, and hes a college player, now thats fantastic for him but COMPLETELY pathetic for the rest of the team.

Reply #198524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills has 10 in the fourth so far, 18 for the game mostly from just hustle.

Reply #198525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12-1 run with 5 steals in the 90 secs; lead down to 13

Reply #198526 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Great intensity in the last 4 minutes....until Ginobili hits the three

Reply #198527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only Australian player that Ginobli gave anything more than a cursory hand slap was Anderson

Reply #198529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now to watch Croatia v Russia

Reply #198530 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Final word for me tonight..

Bogut got back to the USA and keep talking shit about yourself cause YOUR SUCKING ASS for us. Learn how to shoot, Learn how to rebound cause with our size, its sooo hard apparently.

Gorj, you always knew you were a complete tosser and couldnt do the job, why your still here

Channel Seven, honestly the games just come back on TV now, for some bloody animals...thats just rediculous why not continue the basketball and delay the friggin horse's.

Bruton come home, no wait dont come here either.

Redhage played well when he was allowed to play.

Mills what can I say, the kids a star, hustles in defence, runs the floor and quite honestly showed ever other player out there what they should be doing.

Im so sick of the Australian Team being a sub-par lineup as to the talent we have in this country, How long are we going to continue choosing players that play for the coach in the NBL instead of people that have actually earnt a place and will help us succeed.

Reply #198531 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

skud, the Sydney players you're referencing are who? Worthington and Barlow? Saville (who played there for a year or two out of a much longer career elsewhere)? Are you wanting to count Nielsen and CJ, who are easy selections in the team and haven't played with Sydney for years? That's a weak comment IMO, the sort of stuff we all talked about years ago when Hinder, Kendall, Crosswhite and so on were making teams. This roster isn't too far off what most would select, it's more about their execution under the coach and the fact that the competition is very strong.

I think the team looked best when they kept things moving. As soon as they stopped, they weren't getting free and were forcing shots (e.g., Bogut's hooks in the key).

Time to try something new in terms of coaching. I've heard that Goorjian will move on after these games?

Reply #198532 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Awwwwww!!! Where's the line dancing gone? *sob*

Reply #198533 | Report this post

quasty  
Years ago

Whilst Argentina obviously outplayed us (as does seemingly any decent international opposition), the coaching is yet again a real worry. For some reason Goorj is left to coach Aus year in year out without any improvement in world standing whatsoever. This is obviously totally hypocritical after what happened to Phil (not standing up for Phil's coaching, but everyone knows the circumstances of his 5 seconds of national coaching fame). Between making dodgy substitutions at bad times, lack of offensive organisation and players making the team that shouldn't (and those not making the team that should) as well as the point that he takes players to tournaments that he doesn't even play (he may as well have tried Redhage and Ingles earlier - they couldn't have done any worse, also Maher and Cattalini in previous years), the Australian men's team is a bit of a joke. We had more talent this year, yet the result is the same

Reply #198535 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

just quietly australia won a silver in equestrian..

Reply #198536 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

lol Boom Patrol. Wrong thread buddy, wrong thread

Reply #198537 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Boom Patrol didn't raise the equestrian - just followed up a few earlier posters that seemed more intersted in complaining about 7 rather than following up the earlier advice in the thread of where to find the live feeds on the web.

BTW - thanks to those who gave those sites - worked great for me. Pity the result wasn't as great.

Reply #198539 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

IMO, only Andersen and Mills came to play in this game. Redhage and Ingles got no chance except in garbage time.
Goorj has gotta go, but who repalces him - this is our big problem.
Talent is there, utilisation of that talent and their collective strengths is not.

Reply #198542 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, that was disappointing. If only Gaze was born 10 years later, we could really use a big pure shooting 2 guard in our current team, that seems to be our weakness. Barlow couldn't hit the side of barn tonight but for whatever reason Goorg persisted with him.

The thing that stuck out for me was the way Argentina moved the ball compared to how we did. They played a genuine inside outside game, hit the cutters, created open threes and easy shots under the basket while in contrast we passed the ball round for a while until someone eventually went solo, I haven't checked the boxscores but I'd wager there's not too much action in our assists column.

Mills was obviously a complete stud, how a guy who's barely 6 foot scores more points in the paint than anyone in the team is testament to his amazing pace and determination (how much hang time did he get on that first layup?), and Andersen was impressive, but besides that we didn't have too many winners, Bogut and Newley were both alright but not great while Barlow, Neilsen, CJ and Anstey were all pretty disappointing.

To make matters worse I had to listen to a couple of British commentators who'd clearly just read the rule book and didn't have any idea what they were talking about, whenever Bogut shot with his left hand around the basket they'd both go "ooohhh, terrible shot from Bogut, didn't even try to get round and shoot it with his preferred hand". Surely by the end of the match they might have cottoned on to the fact he prefers to go left around the ring? One guy in particular would get it wrong every time the whistle blew, for instance a whistle would blow for a clear defensive foul and he'd say something stupid like "Oh, I think the attacking player must have stepped out of court on that play" - wasn't helping me with my anger management.

Reply #198546 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The Boomers lack one thing at this level - composure. I think it comes from a lack of true leadership somewhere on the court (Billo, I agree, this team + Gaze would be a completely different ball game).

Honestly, the piss poor start to the game is more about Boomers players scared to take it to the big boys. So is the tentative shooting, which has reduced 40% three point shooters to brick layers. I can't understand what Goorj has been doing on the sidelines for this team to be so lacking in confidence in itself.

Argentina are the better side, no doubt. But if you don't let them have a 17 point lead in the first quarter before making any changes (great work BG), perhaps the final scoreline (17 points) would be less.

Reply #198556 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have we overrated our team? We do have some good bigs, but it's a fairly young squad for the most part outside of that. Bogut and Andersen are good (though you'd swear something's happened to Bogut to put him off his game!), Newley got drafted, Ingles will give it a shot, etc, but Argentina have a few legitimate NBA starters (or fringe starters) in Ginobili, Scola, Oberto, etc and Delfino is no slouch. These guys were just so clinical and confident.

Reply #198595 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Just so passionless. Can handle losing if the guys are pumped up and having a crack, but this 'I'm too cool to wave a towel' shows some true characters. Bring back Russell Hinder........not for his game but for what he provides chemistry wise.

Reply #198602 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Can someone other than mills drive the ball. We are so stagnant because nobody will take the risk down the lane, and when they do they dont look to dish, just to finish in traffic!

Reply #198627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:58 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754