Kent Brockman
Years ago

Sixers now have first game at home

adjust your programmes again people.

our first game this year will now be at home against Townsville after the orginal game away to the Dragons has been moved, all according to Boti.

Topic #16844 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Excellent! Hopefully it is true. This reminds me of 1998 where we had a new coach, new team and played Townsville first up. Hopefully we can end up winning the championship like they did in that season as well!

Reply #198198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't we bust the cap that year though? ; )

Reply #198246 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

There's still time... ;-)

Reply #198256 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Dammit and I was pumped to see the first game here in melbourne.

Reply #198299 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

only one trip to perth this year

:(

Guess that means the, chip on the shoulder rednecks here, will only threaten to kick me out once.

lets go sixers!!

Reply #198334 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

#198246, please provide factual evidence of any team winning the championship after that that didn't bust the cap.

Reply #198392 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, their (sarcastic) point is that "busting the cap that year" is a counter-argument against people noting those championships as indicative of Smyth's coaching ability.

Reply #198398 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

EC that would be every team as that sixers squad was teh last to be busted and punished by the NBL , there fore every team thereafter has been under the cap

:)

Reply #198407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754