Anonymous
Years ago

Internet Coverage For NBL - Could It Work?

Would it be possible to set up a system which shows some game live online? Discuss.

Topic #16858 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

I think you're putting the cart before the horse.

Until the NBL can get a live scoring system that operates properly there's no way a live streaming feed from the game will be possible. Another reason why it won't work is you'll need a crew to film it and provide the stream, and as fox are the only crew doing games these days I don't think they'll happily stream the game for non-foxtel subscribers to enjoy for free.

Maybe in 10 years things will be different.

Reply #198380 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They currently provide live radio feeds which isn't always perfect but, with some easy tweaks, would be much better. I'd love to see them combine live radio and a stats feed together.

Reply #198384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are talking about the same NBL as the one responsible for www.nbl.com.au are we not?

Reply #198390 | Report this post

Angier  
Years ago

If internet coverage became available the 10 fans that rock up to '6ers games will dwindle to 3

Reply #198415 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

"If internet coverage became available the 10 fans that rock up to '6ers games will dwindle to 3"

Considering the 6ers often get the highest crowd numbers in the League this is probaly the Dumbest thing ive ever read on this site, and thats saying ALOT about how stupid you are.

Reply #198422 | Report this post

Angier  
Years ago

Yes sir, thankyou sir

Reply #198513 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

why would people tune in to internet coverage when they don't even tune in to LIVE games or tv games?

Reply #198587 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

our "worst" attendance SHITS over the other teams standard attendances

Reply #198603 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

No chance of happening in this league. Possibly in the future after a long over haul though.

Reply #198650 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

As always coverage is based in revenues, If FTA can generate more advertising $$ than it costs to show the game..they will show it.

The same applies for internet, if it costs $10,000 to film and stream the game...the internet conmpany will require at least $30,000 of advertising or membership payments.

ABC radio dont have to justify this as they are receiving our 8 cents (i wonder how much it is these days) a day.

Reply #198662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754