Isaac
Years ago

SBS showing Spain vs China now (spoilers)

Almost three quarter time.

Topic #16859 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Showing it from the 3rd quarter rather than a full game. A slap in the face for basketball supporters.

Reply #198383 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Better than nothing and better than we got from Australia-Croatia.

China have a handy lead and are on track to cause a major upset.

Reply #198385 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Yeah it's better than nothing I agree, but still angry @ all the disrespect etc

Reply #198386 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Of course, as I say that, they cut to 72-70 with a minute to play?! We missed Spain reeling back a dozen points! SBS, WTF?!

Reply #198387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They better show all of overtime!

Reply #198388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spain win in overtime 85 to 75!

Reply #198389 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yao fouls out. 17yo Rubio in for OT - amazing.

Reply #198391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That Ricky Rubio is a star and he's only 17! He'll be an NBA superstar that for sure.

Reply #198393 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

SBS obviously were planning to show the whole second half but when they heard it went to overtime they realised they needed to cut some out. Can't really complain about that.

Aside from the random cutting to and from events, I have been very disappointed with the amount of delayed telecasts we are seeing on both channels.

Oh - and Rubio is a gun! How many steals does he get! (not to mention the "almost" steals - he would have been Dunlap's favourite if coached by him - number 1 on Spencer's deflection chart for sure!)

Reply #198395 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I should add that apparently Channel 7 in Spain have been flooded with complaints. Rumour has it they stopped showing the game during the 3rd quarter because it looked like Spain were going to lose and then rushed back to it with 1 minute to go only to cut to an ad just as Gasol was about to hit the game levelling basket!

Reply #198397 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I may be bias but come on, Pau has putting on a show! Yao couldn't stop him! People needs to give him more respect

Reply #198400 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Only saw this after the game and am kind of wishing China did get up.

Liked the look of Ricky Rubio and yes, his name does fit that Phil Collins song Psseudio: "Rick, Rick, Ricky Rubio!"

Reply #198409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754