billo
Years ago

Swimming World Records

I've got a theory on all these preposterous swimming times that are being logged at the games, smashing world records by multiple body lengths and the like.

My theory is as follows: The Chinese made the pool 49m instead of 50m in an attempt to be remembered as the most record smashing pool in Olympic history. You know I'm right.

Topic #16905 | Report this topic

Possibly, but all the best swimmers are from Qld anyway.
What is the chance we will get some of the USA game actually televised tonight?

Reply #199098 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

steroids possibly, surely the Chinese are, they're not suppose this be good as swimming

Reply #199104 | Report this post

Don't worry- they always mysteriously retire as soon as it comes to drug testing.
2 years from now nobody will even remember their names.

Reply #199105 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

It's the bodysuits. Simple as that

Reply #199114 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What! They hide the drugs in their bodysuits?????

Reply #199248 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

This suggests that the pool's design (and the suits) has something to do with it.

Reply #199323 | Report this post

No, no, no.
You guys have got it all wrong.
The Chinese swimmers are so broad across the shoulders, that when they jump in the pool, they are so wide they take up most the lanes, and the other swimmers can't fit through.
By the time they swim a stroke or two, they are already at the other end.

Reply #199326 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754