David
Years ago

More Boomers Coverage on 7

Is it just me or have Channel 7 finally decided to show the boomers games, reasons may be the complaints so would this lead to maybe channel 7 being interested in the NBL, or is the timeslot of the basketball good for them

Topic #16984 | Report this topic

_  
Years ago

when is todays USA game shown?

Reply #200049 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Yeah I get the feeling they might finally be hearing the fans but maybe just coincidence. Couldn't believe it today when they cut the booomers game off at 3 mins to go and said "we'll leave that game there and cross to the sailing". Why not show the end FFS!!! An extra 3 bloody minutes and THEN you can show some pointless bloody boats doing very little.

Reply #200050 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sailing fans would be saying the same about basketball Nick.

Too much swimming in the first week as per every olympics coverage in australia, now that is over we will/have seen a better spread of coverage over more sports. Plus more gold medal and elimination events happening so a better spread covering them.

At least USA vs Aus will be easily downloadable online ;-)

Reply #200057 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

David, I think it's probably more the fact that

a) swimming is over, and
b) boomers are winning and looking good rather than getting flogged

Maybe viewer complaints rate there somewhere but I'd wager they're a distant 3rd behind those 2.

Reply #200067 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Aussies were goin for a gold medal in that sailing event too, so fair enough. If they cross in the middle of a Boomers medal game though.....

Reply #200079 | Report this post

Ok so having said that, if the Boomers play USA next, can we expect a repeat of Channel 7's previous form where if we're not winning, the fans aren't worthy of being shown the game?
I find that really ignorant on their behalf.
Fans our there are complaining when the game isn't being shown- regardless of the scoreline- it's not as though they're tuning out, so if it's all about ratings at the end of the day, what's their argument?
Bogut was on Ym Cha this morning (God that segment sucks!) so I wonder if the guys even know how dismal the coverage is back here.

Reply #200144 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

either everyone tunes out when bball is on and tunes in when swimming is on ..or Seven has got it's own agenda to force feeding us their new star in swimmming or whichever sport they deem worthy .. ofcourse these same "stars" will soon be in some advertising ..which then keeps the adverisers/sponsors on 7 happy

7 doesn't care about the fans .its keeping their sponsors happy and their pockets lined !

Reply #200165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754