Cat 15
Years ago

Well Done 36ers

In the past I have been critical of the 36ers management (I've even sent letters to the owner about it!)
Over the past 6 months however, I think we have seen a real transformation of the 36ers and a definite step in the right direction.
The coaching change, recruitment of SA and Aus players etc... have all been well done and I have no doubt got us all excited about this season.
For mine however, the most impressive thing has been the work done in promoting the organisation.
In the past there has been too little contact with the community. In the last few weeks alone however, 36ers players have been to many schools including Westminster, St. Peters, Fulhman North Primary as well as shopping centres. This is excellent and something I hope we see and hear more about over the season.
Last night however I saw the best part! In the last 2 years I had been frustrated at the seeming media frenzy every time a new recruit for Adelaide United arrived in town (including the 'groupy' kids bused to the airport!) When a 36er arrived however there was nothing!
Last night however we saw a substantial amount of time given to the arrival of Bruce. Its also in the paper and on the Adelaide now site.
This is all excellent work by the 36ers and despite the NBL problems, will I'm sure lead to some bigger crowds at our home games.

So, credit where it is due. Well done 36ers management and keep up the good work!!

Topic #17015 | Report this topic

the_champ33  
Years ago

I agree with all your words above mate. I complained to the owner many times last season also. I was relectant to renew my season tickets.

I have seen all the changes and all for the better. I've renewed my season tickets and I'm excited for the upcoming season.

Let's go 36ers!

Reply #200497 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

For sure. The moves management have made this off-season cannot be faulted. They really have come through.

The one and only negative is that Hodge won't be back, but management appeared to do all they could.

I'm really looking forward to the new season.

Reply #200502 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

Agreed, I am really looking forward to what the boys can do this season.... maybe Isaac can add to the site a countdown clock to the sixers season tipoff, help foster the growing buzz :)

Reply #200503 | Report this post

new name required  
Years ago

3 schools and a shopping centre...
Thats more than the seven dwarfs ( Basketball SA Development officers )have done in six months.

Mod: The alias you selected is already taken, please choose another one.

Reply #200504 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Junga - we can turn that negative into a positive by pointing out that the management had evidently been scouting Tyndale at the same time (as well as other players too, probably) and were not reliant on rushing through an import after they couldn't get Hodge.

Reply #200506 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I agree 100% cat15. The whole turnaround has been massive in all areas of recruiting ,marketing etc.
Alot of this down to new coaching regime but what over reason for this revival. Not complaining of course.
Black Dracula I hope we have been scouting other imports as Tyndale has not been officially announced as our plyr yet for some unknown reason yet

Reply #200511 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Please note the "me" above is not the real me..mods can you assist please.

Reply #200542 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754