USA
Years ago

is LeBron worth a Billion Dollars?

yeah yeah he sure is! .. may be greater then MJ and Tiger Woods combined

Topic #17036 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

his ego and unsportsmanlike b.shit is.
despite how well team usa can play, i don't think they have the right attitude for the olympics and what it stands for- they are completely out of place by arrogantly treating the rest of the world like their dumping ground.
then they wonder why they are the most hated nation on earth- lots of people think the same thing.

Reply #200888 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reminds me, Special McAvaney and co-commentator (was it Boyle?) were claiming that Usain Bolt is a superstar akin to Federer, Woods, etc. Surely that's a little premature?

Reply #200889 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Premature as in....we don't have the lab results back yet.

Reply #200893 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

No to both LeBron AND Bolt. Give it 6 months and no one will know who Bolt is.

Reply #200894 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

what drugs are that Bolt guy on? probably a new type of undectable drug - as for LeBronze - his worth at least a Bronze medal

Reply #200895 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

Does the Pope have children?

Reply #200898 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Johnny, yep:

Reply #200899 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

Nice one Isaac... It took a while to sink in but I got there...

Never really thought he was the guy to lead the Church (he looks a little too demonic for my tastes)...

Reply #200902 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

that and his Nazi leanings

Reply #200903 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And that he looks like the Emperor from Star Wars.

Reply #200906 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

HA thats fantastic Isaac!

Reply #200908 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

no one is worth a billion dollars

i fucking hate lebron's aragance

kobe's a champ though

Reply #200925 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

No. And on the side-note mentoined above about his ego, did anyone see him last night? He took offence when Wortho committed a hard (But very fair) foul on Carmelo and tried to pick a fight. Was good to see that Carmelo was laughing about it, at least he didn't act like a stuck-up, spoilt baby like most of his team-mates. Then later-on Patty tried to steal the ball off him and the glare Patty got could have killed young children!

Attitudes like LeBron's are the reason Team US (Who is this dream team u speak off? Their sure not My dream team!) will always be at risk to losing in the international game. He needs to harden the F**k Up!

Reply #200929 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Hell no ! It's wrong to even mention him in the same breath as MJ and Tiger ! Both great winners, LeBonehead = won nothing.

Reply #200931 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Witness a cock in full flight. He's so arrogant he has to stick his hand up his arse to brush his teeth.

Reply #200935 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Nice on LS - and i thought he was doing that to tickle the massive ego stuck on his shoulders .
Probably another product of the teenage GH pumping that is rampant in talented US athletes .

Reply #200939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually think he's very boring to watch.
I can't stand Kobe as a person, but would prefer to watch him play every day of the week over LeBron. There's nothing much interesting in a guy that just barrels his way through and over everyone. That and the blinding arrogance.

I will give him massive kudo's though if he - or any others of that very top tier - dump the NBA for a couple of years in Europe. Talk about a game changing move. Would be incredibly interesting to see.

Reply #200968 | Report this post

USA  
Years ago

how can y'all say the great LeBron is arrogant. If you make the amount of money he makes and are as good as he is - then you have the right to own and do anything y'all want

y'all just jealous of success

Reply #200982 | Report this post

USA  
Years ago

actually for a guy as successful as LeBron - his really quite humble in comparison to his greatness - Bolt is more arrogant and he is nowhere as talented -
Arrogant is the Aussie Boombers - thinking they can actually beat the Dream team ! - now that's just arrogant (or plain dumb)

Reply #200983 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not so much jealousy as having little respect for his selfish/vacuous approach to his place in the world.

Reply #200989 | Report this post

If you read todays paper it seems kobe was pretty wasn't acting to big headed after the US game giving patty mills a little whisper of encourement in his ear.....in this years Team USA it seems like the only big headed ones are the young guys...Kobe and Kidd have been going out to get the job done...maybe its the gangsta in LeBron...he's been hanging out to much with JAY-Z after all!

Reply #200995 | Report this post

USA, it's pretty one dimensional to believe that the only way to measure success is with exorbitant amounts of money- thankfully most of the world has woken up to that fact and the discord that it creates in the world.
I don't envy him in the slightest, so that assumption is just plain wrong- not everybody who doesn't have the same agenda as another is 'jealous'. (again, a simplistic view on your part)
At the end of the day, if I had to be an a$$hole to have what he has, then I'll pass.

Reply #200999 | Report this post

USA  
Years ago

SUCCESS is measured by money, y'all - you get the cars, the house, the chicks, the power, the respect, the adoration - whats there not to measure

is success measured by walking around the wilderness with nothing and everybody crapping on you .... i think not .. nobody would call a bum with no money on the street successful now would they.

But y'all would call Trump or Lindey Fox successful now

Reply #201000 | Report this post

You're an ignorant dickhead.... possibly even playa in disguise but learnt how to spell a few words for a change.
If you don't mind, I'd rather not learn anything, let alone life lessons from someone as stupid and tryhard as you.

Reply #201003 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Who was it that said, "you learn just as much about a person from how they take a win, as to when they take a loss"

Ie; its real easy to remain humble when you get beat, harder for some to do when they win.

I really think LBJ could become the most hated 'anti hero' basketballer of all time.

The exact opposite of a Jordan. When MJ played, most people barracked for his team when their's was knocked out (not all- most).

Now i can see people supporting two teams, their own, and who-ever is playing the cavs....

Kobe is a bit of the 'anti-hero' about him now, but LeBron could really take it to another level.

Reply #201004 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Time to ignore the troll.

Reply #201009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's hard to ignnore LeBron when he struts around like a peacock

Reply #201010 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this, or has an article, but someone said that one of the Canadian coaches came in and spoke to Team USA about their arrogance and how they are perceived by the world (cock heads). This obviously didn't work too well.

Some of the players seem to act ok. I havn't seen CP3, Kobe, Kidd and a few others go too overboard, but LBJ seems to be doing his whole getting fired up stunt, which is subsiquently making him look like a total wanker. Can play tho

Reply #201021 | Report this post

Andrew Gaze said that during the Boomers vs USA game- was good to see him pretty fired up when he said it.
Not sure if there's an actual article about it as such, but it would've been interesting to see Canada give USA advice given how much more superior USA think they are in everything- at least the outside world likes Canadians, and it Americans who have to sew maple leaves to their backpacks when they travel overseas in the hope they won't be mistaken for Americans.

Reply #201036 | Report this post

Not sure if this works:

http://linky.com.au/63hby

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-080817-redeem-team-mens-basketball,1,12673.story

Reply #201038 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

"and how they are perceived by the world (cock heads)."

LMAO - I love how you've so succinctly assumed what the Canadian guy told them.

Reply #201053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754