Isaac
Years ago

HG Nelson pitches a Boomers movie

But it's not at all serious. Some snippets from today's Crikey:

The build up was perfect with a great side bet from Lauren Jackson who was prepared to run around the Athletes Village in the nude five times if the Boomers won. Talk about motivation! Taciturn Boomer coach, Brian Goorjian believed a win over the Dream Team would make a great movie in the style of Blades of Glory, Days of Thunder, Talledaga Nights and The Club.

This box office idea was taken up with gusto by basketball's PR people as there are many international movie producers running their eye over the great stories emerging daily in China. A few ideas were scribbled onto the back of an enevelope just in case the Boomers could keep the dream alive. They were presented to Fox Studio executives who were very positive, suggesting casting Oscar winner Russell Crowe, as our number one, Andrew "Buggerall" Bogut.

With Russell inked, casting would have to be height sensitive. Mark Walhberg was a wise option as the plucky C.J. Bruton. Aussie small screen star Shane Bourne, in a well-realised top quality Hollywood rug, could star as Chris Anstey. With those key principals cast, Tom Cruise could fill the big boots of "Jumping" Joe Ingles and why not unleash funnyman Danny DeVito bring to life the humour in the tricky part of Brad Newley. Who could play coach Brain Goorjian? Without hestitation Fox executives suggested George Clooney as a natural for our head coach and ideas bench man.

Sadly, all that box office gold was dashed when the Boomers were dudded 116-85.

Topic #17037 | Report this topic

Years ago

I heard this yesterday on 'The Golden Ring' - Roy and H.G's Olympics show. God it was funny. They are dropping steaming piles of shit on Bogut every day. It's on every day at 4.30pm on Triple J - well worth leaving Hamish and Andy for.

Reply #200890 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Hamish and who??

Reply #200907 | Report this post

Years ago

That was hilarious... i heard it to.

Shane Bourne as Goorjian haha

Reply #200911 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Do hope you realize that when Roy and HG drop shit on Aussie sports people, they are actually taking the piss out of Aussies that do that ?? That's the genius of them. They love exaggerating the Aussie tall-poppy syndrome. So by dropping steaming piles off shit on Bogut, they are actually sledging the haters out there.

Reply #200930 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Surely Mark Wahlberg would have to be David Barlow and Danny DeVito as Pat Mills. Chris Rock to star as CJ.....

Reply #200940 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Johnny Depp reprising Capt'n Jack Sparrow as Neilson?

For Anderson I am thinking Dolf Lundgren

---

Speed44, I think it is called satire...

Reply #200969 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Yeah, i know it is, just making a point to another poster, on this thread.

Reply #200974 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

Suggest casting the Croatian players as the Boomers. Goorg can play himself.

Reply #201008 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754