Web browser
Years ago

Norwood Div 1 Coaches

I see that Norwood have announced their Div 1 coaches for the upcoming season on their website - pity that the other clubs couldn't do the same - see there is a change in U16 Boys Div 1 - as I am not at Norwood I am curious to know about the new Coach - does anyone have any information on him?

Topic #17055 | Report this topic

AFAIK  
Years ago

He's the brother of the U18 Div 1 coach. Interestingly very few of their Div 1 coaches ever played any basketball of note for Norwood. Most of them are products of other clubs.

Reply #201067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Simon Pritchard not coaching? Also see Vicki Valk coaching 12 girls and a few other parents coaching the other teams.

Reply #201076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from Valk, Peter Berry, and Schroeder, it isn't a very experienced line-up really. I'm not passing a judgement on whether that's good or bad, just making the comment.

Reply #201078 | Report this post

OMG  
Years ago

Can't complain about not developing coaches then, can't have it both ways?

Reply #201083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like I said, not passing judgement, just making the point. Relax champ.

Reply #201086 | Report this post

Noah  
Years ago

Let's hope they have coaches for the other teams or are they going to do what seems to have happened this year and take on a whole load of kids then realise they have nobody to coach them. Absolute disgrace the way they managed coaches.

Reply #201094 | Report this post

mmmmm  
Years ago

They must be stretched. Too much focus on the masses and their div 1 teams seem to be struggling in recent yrs.

Reply #201123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmmmmm

Fair call, although nearly all of their Div 1 teams will be playing in the finals in a couple of weeks. However, can't see many (if any) going all the way.

Reply #201135 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

My son was coached by Tim Berry some years ago. A great communicator with good game knowledge & experience( played ABL ).
Excellent pick-up for Norwood. I rate him much more highly than his brother.

Reply #201152 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

good to see Michael Lucas giving back to the sport. who knows will he fill his fathers foot steps i wish him well.

Reply #201160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's Carlo?

Reply #201163 | Report this post

Years ago

"Excellent pick-up for Norwood. I rate him much more highly than his brother."

So your son played for Woodville.

Good to see P Berry is still loved by the Woodville faithful as much as when he left!

Reply #201170 | Report this post

AMOS  
Years ago

Carlo is retiring/having a break/whatever you want to call it.

Agree with booga re Michael Lucas - hope he does really well.

And to answer the original poster's question re the new Under 16 coach - yes Tim is Peter's brother. He coached Under 18 Div 2 boys for a while at Woodville when Peter was there. Don't know if he has been coaching since then.

Reply #201174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754