Rat10
Years ago

USA vs Argentina semi final

Anyone watching this on Channel 7? It's half time at the moment but USA are up by 9 after a rubbish call on the Argentinian defender sent Anthony to the line with 2 seconds to go in the half to shoot 3.

USA were up by 20 in the 2nd and Argentina pegged them back with some inspired play by Nocioni and Scola after Ginobili was injured in the first minute of play. He left the stadium and hasn't returned.

Scola is playing like a beast and Nocioni is playing some great inspired ball, blocking a Kobe reverse dunk. Unfortunately Nocioni has 3 fouls.

Topic #17070 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Years ago

Argentina has showed real spirit in the face of adversity. I guess you expect that from a Gold Medal winning team.

I expect to see the USA pull away in the second half, however I really want to see Argentina push them.

Anthony is being a goose and Coach K should bet him off the court.

Reply #201185 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Should say 'get' instead of 'bet'.

Its late and its been a long week. At least I didn't type 'pulled off by Coach K'

Reply #201186 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

It's a real shame Ginobili isn't playing in this game. They could have really given the USA a scare. Now they need a miracle.

Reply #201187 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Scola is so under-rated

Reply #201188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will lithuania get their fourth bronze in a row? impressive for a country of 3.5m!

Reply #201189 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Delfino and Scolo were HUGE in this game!! If Manu played Argentina would have won!!! Once again some of the US players were spanners!! (Mainly Melo)

Reply #201203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754