HO
Years ago

Poor BA Decision

Have not really noticed till tonight, and this may come as a surprise to some of you....but I really need to go after BA about their decision to allow the SEABL championship game to be considered as round one of the ABA finals.

This is a poor decision at best, and appears to be about supporting the self proclaimed hegemony of the SEABL. (this is a league that has the audacity to proclaim itself "Australia's premier winter baskteball league...." The same league that could not get a single representative into last years ABA finals. Neither men nor women. QABL should feel very afronted....

Tonight, seven games are in play - all of the conferences, men and women, having a bash at each other.

Except SEABl men. Who have been guranteed a place at the ABA's version of the Big show next weekend by virtue of the SEABL finally staging a game that determines who their league champion actually is (something they should have done years ago considering their conference structure is a sham).

So central is playing BigV in men, playing SEABL in women, Qld are playing Waratah in men and women but in men....SEABL only have to play against each other and get a spot in Melbourne.

The SEABL is a shadow of the competition it was 7-8 years ago...I wonder why the powers that be continue to treat it as some sort of sacred second tier to the NBL....

Topic #17073 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely spot on. You only have to watch the SEABL games to realise how much they are legends in their minds only.

Reply #201276 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Somehow, somewhere, I know someone here will blame Mark Nash for all of this.

Reply #201287 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

lol can moses get a ball please

Reply #201290 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I blame Mark Nash :)

Reply #201438 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Reply #201439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:29 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754