Anonymous
Years ago

Lightning Girls

Any news on the team? Is the group together yet? wht are there chances of goign back to back?

Topic #17081 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Woosnam is back and shall help bring the title back.

Reply #201370 | Report this post

Pult  
Years ago

I thought the club must have folded.
Haven't heard anything at all, isn't the season starting soon ?
Guess they get so many people to the games they don't need to do any promoting and advertising.

Reply #201375 | Report this post

Pasa  
Years ago

Think you're dreaming Champ33 if you think they are a title threat this year.
Woosnam is too unfit to make an impact this year, should have retired like she said she was going to at last years Grand Final.
Reckon she's been eating too many donuts in the off season instead of marketing the team and trying to build on last years tiny crowd figures.

Team lacks depth, think they will really struggle this year, although I hope I am wrong.
Doubt any of the quality players like Foley and Gahan will be back for another season after this year.
Unless there are some big changes within the structure of the club I fear they will really find it hard to get any quality players to come to Adelaide in future seasons.

Reply #201407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pasa (Wanker) - you sound like a former semi played bench player who perhaps Woosnam tore up back in the day!! She just came off 2 surgerys and is still obviously underdone.. She and the rest of the girls will be ready to go come the start of the season!

Reply #201409 | Report this post

Obvious Poster  
Years ago

Is that you Sam ?

Reply #201431 | Report this post

2 tempting  
Years ago

Lightning get... Marita Payne

Reply #201487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anyone thinks that lightning can go back to back they're crazy...
if the lightning have to use ex local players like WILLIAMS, BOWLEY and TRUSLOVE, they're really grasping at straws!!!
Monz wont last with her injury,
Truslove broke down last time she signed
and Williams... well they've got no hope if her and Angela are the point cards.
You've gotta give Foley and Gahan credit for coming back.. but really besides Francis and Marita they'll be struggling.
Again, the MARINO family have made an error. They've let Phillips and Mahony go coz they want Angela to get court time and signed Williams who is worse then Angela. No threat for the boss's daughter.
THATS NOT HOW YOU RUN A SUCCESSFUL BASKETBALL CLUB!!!

Reply #202218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon, you say 'again the marino family have made a mistake' can you please tell me what mistake they made last year considering they took out the championship!!

I cant say that i am a huge fan of the marino family, but you gotta give credit where credit is due and Vince did a fantastic job getting a championship team together last year, and this years team is really only missing Erin and you cant blame anyone for Erin wanting to go and try her hand overseas. Yes the point guard position is probably the weakest position in the team but Angela can hold her own adn get the ball down the court and the rest is as simple as getting the ball the Cayla nearly everytime and we score!

Reply #202245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if u think basketball is that simple then you dont know the game...

vince didn't get last years team together... it was chris lucas. how quickly we forget. YOU really dont know what goes on behind the scenes... scott ninnis did and hence he left and now look where he is.

well lets see whos right at the end of the season.
i've been in basketball my whole life and if you think the marino family is a positive to basketball then you have no ethics and you dont value the game at all.

Phillips got told that ligtning we're going to pay out her contract if she didn't leave anyway... thats why she's gone. not because of the oppourtunity. Shes to family orientated for that.

Reply #202275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Possible starting PGs

Adelaide Marino
AIS Gaze/Harrington/Ireland/Madgen
Bendigo Wilson/Wilson
Bulleen Milner
Canberra Hurst
Dandenong Ebzery
Logan Veal
Perth ? (do they have anyone other than Smith?)
Sydney Uni Poto
Townsville Flanagan

Apart from Poto and Veal what other PG is more established then Marino? Hurst, Milner would be equivilent at best IMO.

Reply #202281 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

Where is sam richards playing then?

Reply #202284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

firstly i was being simple when i said that it was as simple as getting the ball to Cayla and we get a score, of course it is not fuckn easy but what i was implying is that Angela can get the ball down the court probably as good as any of the other point guards in the comp, and once it is in our offensive end then the rest of the team will make up for any lack of skill that the point guard position may have.

Also, i have been in basketball my whole life as well and i probably know the marinos a lot more then you think, and trust me i do not agree with how he does things or his way of thinking,and i have grown up thinking that the man is a dickhead, however the team from last year would not have been the same without his money so others can bag him all they like but some credit needs to be paid for what he has done beacuse the lightning could have ended up being like the Brisbane bullets, or Sydney Kings ended up like this year.

And i agree with the poster above who has listed all the point guards for each team, and Angela would be about the third best in that group so having her as the starting point guard is not the disaster that you Angela baggers portray.

Also, next time you have a different opinion the someone, how about just accepting that rather then jumping down someones throat and telling them that they no nothing about the game, you are obviously very narrow minded to think that everyone should agree with you, and if they dont then they must be wrong.

Reply #202292 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

Poland I believe for Sammy

Reply #202294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marino in that top 3 ... rubbish.
but we'll wait and see :)
lets see if i'm proved wrong. highly doubt it.
come back and see me at the end of the season...

Reply #202301 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

Come and back and see who? Anonymous. At least put a name to your pathetic posts, how about coward that knows nothing about Basketball.

Reply #202305 | Report this post

Twigs  
Years ago

Angela Marino is a brilliant PG...anonymous...have you ever seen her play? she can hold her own just as well as any PG in this tourny.

Reply #202321 | Report this post

Kevin 07  
Years ago

I'd be careful isnt Angela Marino going to a quaified lawyer soon? Or did she give up studing Law at Adelaide Uni for the money she can make playing women's basketball?

Reply #204510 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754