mario
Years ago

Live Feed for US vs Spain

Sup,

Anyone know of any live feeds for todays game as in wa they will be crossing to the eagles instead of showing the game which is typical of channel 7

Topic #17082 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Rai 3 has it

Game just tipped off.

Buffering a bit, no commentary and resolution is a bit average, but it's better than nothing.

An alternative is here - quality is no better and the commentary is in Spanish. They just got a bit excited about Gasol's dunk.

Actually, at Stooge, try the second link down rather than the first. Better quality and better stream but no commentary which is a shame - the American commentators have been quite good.

Reply #201313 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wade has 21 points on 7/7 FG yet the difference is only 10 points.

Huge three by Fernandez.

US shooting at 70% from the field, Spain at 60%.

Reply #201316 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

61-69 at half-time. Very high scoring for a 40 minute game. Spain are without Calderon for the second straight game.

Reply #201317 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

Spain are playing extremely well yet still down at the main break, was good to see wade get hit on that last shot then.

what do spain have to do??

c'mon spain, beat the US

Reply #201318 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Reffing all over the shop... The first qtr even a whiff of air in the direction of team USA was a foul, and in the second they "let them play" - the refs need to be careful, this game could blow up in their faces. Paul had to be kept away from Berni at the end of the half - good signs if you are rooting for Espana (who isn't)...

Rudy is going to be a fine compliment to Roy, Aldridge, and Oden this year - might be far better than anyone thought... Ricky is giving the US PGs fits on offense and defence and he[s 17 going on 18 WOW!!! - even Gasol (the younger) looks like he will be (at worst) an average starting-level C in the NBA...

VIVA ESPANA... OLE'

Reply #201319 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

STUPID ADD BREAK!!!

PATHETIC CHANNEL 7!!

Reply #201321 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Getting feisty in the paint. On the non-commentary feed, could quite clearly hear one of the US players say "Get the f*ck out of here".

Dwight's mugging of one of the Spaniards in the first half was very ugly and I don't think it was called intentional/unsportsmanlike.

Four point difference.

Reply #201322 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

refs are star struck, no doubt

Reply #201323 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

How was Reyes getting mugged after that mega-loose ball scrum NOT a foul???

Reply #201324 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

First time USA have had a team in striking distance in the 4th... FERNANDEZ - two massive plays in a row!!!

Reply #201325 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Game on!

89-91, US call for time.

Spain gambled in bringing Fernandez back in with four fouls, presumably to rally the team and put some pressure on the US to see how they'd react. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Reply #201326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

link not working!!!!! grrrr :(

Reply #201327 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

this is one hell of a game!

go spain and go fernandez (spelling)

Reply #201328 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

HOLY S*#T

that was huge

Reply #201329 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Massive stuff by Fernandez on Dwight!

Reply #201330 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

spain have lost it now, fernandez fouled out on a stupid play, great shot by kobe though

Reply #201331 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fernandez fouls out, Kobe a chance at a four-point play. That's the game IMO. Big swing.

Reply #201332 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

What a game!!! Anyone get the feeling LeBronze is afraid to shoot it???

Reply #201334 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

good game spain, bad luck guys.

great game to watch though

Reply #201335 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Frickin' channel 7 wrecked it. Ads at the worst time yet again, and when they return a time out and/or end of half!!!
Spain did well in what was a very entertaining game - going down 118-107.

Reply #201336 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wanted to see Spain get up, but good to see a competitive and entertaining game.

Can't wait to see Rubio and Fernandez in the NBA.

Either Kobe's a nice person or he's taking advice from a personal branding consultant and doing a few things his teammates aren't - acknowledging the opposition, some tender words for Lakers pal Pau Gasol, etc.

Reply #201337 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Fantastic game - best of the tournament... In the final no less! Spain have shown the way to take it to the states - rebounding! It can be done - if Rudy hadn't fouled out we might have been a different story (not forgetting Calderon's abscence)...

Nice job Spain - and the USA as well (they earned this one).

Reply #201338 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

also noticed that Isaac, good on him for shaking hands, while others were being arrogant and thinking about themselves (Lebron)

Reply #201339 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Thats one of the best games I've ever seen.

Kobe won that for USA, I thought they had lost it when it was 91-89 but the ball went in his hands every offense and he delievered...what a gun...

Reply #201340 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Great great game. Couldn't ask for much more in the gold medal game. Wade was awesome in the first half and then Kobe took over in the last quarter.

Fernandez was spectacular. His three point shooting was awesome especially his shot in the first half where he put it through his legs a few times and then swished it in the defenders face. His dunk on Howard came out of no-where!

Great to be half an hour behind as the eastern states had to go to news at a critical part in the game. I would have been severely annoyed if that was us.

Reply #201341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channel 7 coverage was the most crap of any sport i have seen in Australia ever. With 2 points in it they went to the news at 6pm

Reply #201342 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Accidentally posted that before I was done!

Marc Gasol has got some nice touch around the ring and a bigger body than his older brother. Just watching both of them play thoughout the tournament I'd take Marc over Pau.

That game, along with the Greece vs USA game 2 years ago was one of the best games of hoops I've seen. Definately one for the archives.

Reply #201343 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

"Read my lips - no new taxes... I mean - a certain TV broadcaster has an agenda..."

Why show case a particular sport that you have an interest in keping down - NSL anyone???

Reply #201345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least some people here got to see it on the net, Channel 7 in VIC cut away for news not long after start of 4th quarter, after showing the 3rd quarter, with the host saying they would show the remainder on replay after the news. When the news finished she said that they would show highlights of the remainder of the game and whizzed through the final part of the game in about a minute. Guess I should be thankful we got that much of a great finish, bad luck spain, great play by Kobe near the end.

Reply #201346 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Channel 7 cover was crap, if you got the TV guide in the paper it said it was on a6 6.30 so that may have put some people out. Also love to see the great timing of their commercials, especialy the news break which ran into commercials and then when the 40 seconds of that quarter was over they repeated that same news coverage. Its not like this was the first pool game in a blowout situation, this was for gold and a very tight game. WORST COVERAGE EVER.

Reply #201347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Dittmar for worst commentary ever. the are technical commissioners or scorers not flipping judges.

"the US have never been pressured like this before"
Russia anyone? Russia v US Olympic games during the cold war had more on them than a Gold Medal

Much as I love and admire Drewy and Rachael they aren't much chop either. Heaven forbid but I'd have preferred "two pieces of the iron" Casey and I'm an Legend Carfino least they know the game and the history. Can understand seven putting Dittmar in but surely he could have done his homework his knowledge of the game and the history of it at Olympic level left a lot to be desired.

all I can say is thank God for Peter Walsh and the ABC

Reply #201348 | Report this post

Charlie  
Years ago

They didn't even show it in Perth, just some of the first quarter then cut to the football.

Reply #201349 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

They aren't experts lads - give them a break

Reply #201350 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Anonymous #201348 - Im a bit lost as why you need such expert commentary when your actually watching the game.
Sure if your listening on radio you need quality play by play comments to give you a picture of what's going on. On the TV I actually prefer Drewy's comments as it gives a bit of the players perspective on whats going on rather than hearing someone describing in detail exactly what Im seeing with my own eyes. As for Ditmar he has done OK for someone thrown in the deep end by channel 7 - we all know he hasnt got a great background knowledge in the sport so calling the score bench 'judges' and his other stuff ups really arn't the end of the world IMO.
I was more pissed at the news popping up when things were gettig interesting in the the 4th 1/4!

Reply #201352 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Ace of Spades, considering 7 cut to the news a good 20-30 seconds after the end of the game, I don't think you can really say how the American players behaved after the game. Kobe seemed the first to speak to the Spanish players but how do you know the rest of the players didn't follow?

Reply #201354 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

Junga, I'm only commenting on what i saw straight after the game, but that's what i saw and that's when you normally shake hands. also note that in previous games some players went straight to the change rooms, without shaking hands.

i may mistaken, just I'm commenting from what i've seen only.

Reply #201361 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

hehe, another bad quote by dittmar was when he was talking about the 1992 dream team "great players such as charles barkley, larry bird, michael johnson, magic johnson, michael jordan"
last i checked michael johnson was a runner? he got magic and jordans names mixed up :P

Reply #201362 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No way would I take Marc Gasol over Pau. IMO, Pau's more versatile.

Reply #201365 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

love the channel 7 coverage !!!

Reply #201387 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Pau has the brain while his brother has the braun. Both make a contribution, but I think Pau is still the superior player. It will be interesting to see how Marc goes in the big show.

Agree, that was one brilliant game. Any game where both sides score at over 50% notwithstanding great pressure and defence is remarkable. Spain were right in it but would regret a 2-3 minute period in the secnod where they turned it over three or four times in a row. Otherwise, a nearly faultless performance.

The US might still be the best, but Spain just reminded them that they gotta keep bringing their A-game to international competitions.

Reply #201389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754