speedy
Years ago

Channel 7 Olympics

How about the massacre of the Gold Medal bball game. Footy then 8 minutes of actually bball which had about 4 mins of ads at the worst time ...then news followed by highlights of 4th quarter all 90 seconds ...

But why are we not suprised. And you know what they as pathetic as they were 7 still had record viewership .. so they are probably patting themsleves on the back saying what a great job they did and rolling in money ..cause that's the bottom line ..the end figures

so we can kick and scream all we want but in the end Channel 7 still wins and don't gove a damn

Topic #17089 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Was pretty decent for me and they showed most of it from what I saw. Whenever they went to an ad, I followed a live stream on the net instead, so didn't really miss anything. May have been a different case interstate however.

Reply #201402 | Report this post

Harold Coombe  
Years ago

Chriss Shittmar was the worst commentator at the Olympics 'by a long way out'.
I am in the process of writing a letter to him saying just how bad he was.

Reply #201410 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

In Perth, they showed all of the bronze medal game, the first 1 1/2 quarters of the gold medal game, went to the AFL for 3 hours, then came back with the news and closing ceremony. I don't think they even showed the final result.
Pretty much sums up Sevens coverage.

Reply #201411 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Channel 7's coverage was disappointing overall, and probably annoyed more people than it impressed. However, you are right in that Channel 7 doesn't care, and doesn't even have the next Olympics now so couldn't care less what we thought of it.

SBS had a very respectful approach to the games it was allowed to cover, and pulled it off extremely well (as it tends to do these days - currently my favourite channel). However it would have been better had Channel 7 kept its magazine style format, and allowed SBS to show the whole of the games it intended to show only in part (which I notice was what happened with the Soccer GF).

Oh well, coverage should be better (fingers crossed) in 2012. Who has the next Commonwealth Games?

Reply #201421 | Report this post

In Brisbane the coverage was utter rubbish.
The game wasn't live, so they could've showed it 10 mins earlier so that the whole game could be shown properly- instead, with 10 mins to play, they cut to the news at 6pm, saying that they'd bring us the thrilling finale of the rest of the game.
This was the closest margin that anybody got to the USA, and when the news finished, they came back and gave us 60 seconds of chopped up highlights and told us the final score.
I heard some people in WA got the first quarter and that's all they got before Channel 7 showed an AFL game that nobody was interested in anyway.
Absolute morons!

Reply #201425 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

well we have to hit them where it hurts and where its going to make a difference .. in the hip pocket. I've personally will stop watching News or any programs on that Channel 7 ... not that I did anways ..there's usually too much rubbish on TV anyways

if enough people did that .. that would effect a change. unfortunatly the media treats the AUS public with disdain and like morons

Reply #201432 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

on dittmar, it wasnt his fault he was put into the position of commentating it, he requested another sport but wasnt given it, he was bad but not his fault.

Reply #201448 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Yesterday afternoon's combined SBS-7 viewing was good value, IMO:

1) Gold medal men's singles table tennis - who knew at that level they do the classic 'one guy up at the table pounding it, the other guy standing miles away from the table scrambling the ball back each time' gear?

2) Gold medal men's indoor volleyball - the guys were going hard. Love those bitching jump serves that clock over 100km/h. Not to mention the US coach subplot.

(Plus, at least one hour into the game I was still saying 'what is with those Brazil uniforms?')

3) Gold medal men's basketball - what was it, 220-something combined points in 40 minutes? Plus great drama, bodies flying - all good stuff.

Reply #201459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think that Channel 7 may have the next commonwealth games, and i know that Channel 9 and Fox Sports have the next Olympics in 2012

Reply #201479 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Freakin learn how to say 'Pau Gasol' Dittmar! -so annoying that no one told him how to say it that whole time.

Reply #201513 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Actually, the forum's own Ben Fitz messaged Steve Carfino to ask him to text Andrew Gaze and Dittmar that it's not "Gay-sol".

Likely a coincidence, but five minutes later, Dittmar mentions "Gay-sol" in a sentence, and Gaze rattles off a sentence of his own, but with emphasis on "Gah-SOL".

Gaze also busted out "Yee Jee-ling" a few times earlier in the Games.

Reply #201540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got up early to watch the athletes arrive home this morning "exclusively on Seven" but yet also on Channel 9's Today show.

Noticed that 7 claimed the whole way through that we're watching LIVE as the plane lands, as the atheletes come off the plan etc etc.

Yet crossing to Channel 9 we see all the same action 5 seconds earlier then 7's LIVE broadcast.

Even after the Olympics they can't get it right!

Reply #201556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone notice in 3 straight games Gaze and Dittmar said Delfino was 35 years old!

Reply #201622 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

ahh breakfast TV...the ONLY thing that makes breakfast radio acceptable.

I wonder if any wars, disasters or major political events took place overnight...certainly cant rely on breakfast TV to inform me...they were to busy gushing like love sick teenagers over anyone in a "straya" tracksuit.

SOOO glad the olympics are over.

Reply #201650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

me, I almost threw up when I saw Kochie, jumping and shaking like a teenage girl at a Hanson concert, while waiting for the athletes to gradually file off the plane.

Reply #201676 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754