Anonymous
Years ago

Hornets Sign Sean Marks

The New Orleans Hornets have signed NZ's only current NBA player, Sean Marks.

http://linky.com.au/29bmv

He's one of the guys who always has a job in the NBA but never gets on the court.

Topic #17144 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say that he's rarely used rather than never gets on court. He had court time in 19 games in 07/08, averaging 6-7 MPG.

Had a double double against Portland in April this year!

Reply #202024 | Report this post

weird  
Years ago

I have always wondered about those players who always seem to be contracted in the NBA but dont really play a lot... I mean, what is it that sets them out from the rest of the duds? If players like Brad Newley who could potentially play significant minutes in the NBA with some more maturity are not getting signed, but players who seem to offer virtually nothing in terms of contributions on the court are being signed; and consistently.

Reply #202032 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Solid training material, injury insurance, know exactly what your going to get from these guys - not a lot but nothing unexpected either.

Reply #202035 | Report this post

oooh  
Years ago

they are there to carry the bags and get the coffee and probably a few "extra" things off the court or they are hired because their just so damn cute

Reply #202040 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Alot of them are hired because the coach admires his hardwork and likes to use them in practice to help their better players work harder and harder. I know that Marks brings alot of energy to practices. When in San Antonio, his job at practice was mainly to just keep Duncan active. His job was to guard Duncan as hard as possible and take Duncan on in practice to make Duncan a better player and help improve his stamina.
Also, in Phoenix, Marks did the same to Stoudamire.
These guys are really only used for practice, but they do get their chances to play here and there.

Reply #202046 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I remember seeing an article ages ago about how highly valued he was for exactly that purpose.

Apparently coaches love him and he makes the other bigs on the team better just by practising against them.

Reply #202049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would love to be a $740,000 training biatch.....

Reply #202051 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Another shameless marketing promotion by an NBA side, it's clear the Hornets are simply trying to corner the lucrative New Zealand market for jersey sales. For shame New Orleans, for shame.

Reply #202068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol

Reply #202106 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

Billo - now that is GOLD.

He is actually a damn good player. Really surprised me that he hasnt dont the Europe thing for better money and court time though. To state the obvious....the Kiwis would be tough with Marks and Bradshaw starting together, both good athletes with range...plus lefties are tough.

Reply #202153 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754