bolks
Years ago

Patrick Ewing's back at the Knicks

Patrick Ewing Jr. has just been traded from Houston to New York for the draft rights to, guess who .......

Frederic Weis!!!!!!

That's right the guy who Vince Carter jump over in 2000.

What i want to know is have the Knicks had Weis on a contract since he was drafted back in 1999 and why??!!

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/ewing_080829_trade.html

Topic #17154 | Report this topic

lethal5  
Years ago

Weis was the 15th pick in the draft so would have been guarateed a contract. Is he yet to play in the NBA at all? If not, why not with guaranteed big money?

Patrick Ewing Jr's college stats on the Knicks website don't seem all that great.

Reply #202124 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

Absolutely average college player. If it wasn't for his dad he would have never got drafted. There was a thread about a player in the NBA that wouldn't do that good in the NBL and Patrick Ewing Jr is that player! I would think he would get 8-13ppg in the NBL if that.

Reply #202125 | Report this post

Years ago

I think Ewing Jr.'s great athleticism would have something to do with him getting drafted too. He was arguably the best tested athlete at this year's draft camp.

Reply #202127 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

He had a nice vertical leap, but in everything else at the camp he was average at best.

But being traded for Freddy Weis' rights would have to be the biggest insult a basketballer could have, surely?

Reply #202215 | Report this post

oooh  
Years ago

the question is - is he as good looking as his famous dad??

Reply #202591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754