anon
Years ago

Who are United Districts

Noticed in DIV 2 men comp - no mavs no southern

and United Districts in - any background - where do they base themselves

Topic #17164 | Report this topic

Kingjames  
Years ago

It's there Div 3 side. There is some good players in that team but the team will struggle in div 2.

Reply #202220 | Report this post

...v interesting  
Years ago

all over town - originally from NE suburbs.

if it is their div 3 team they will be working

Reply #202226 | Report this post

Tork  
Years ago

Are they still some of the guys that use to play for southern suns before the merger?

Reply #202228 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

How did they get in to reserves? They didn't win Div 3?

Reply #202251 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

They won it the previous season. Perhaps as it is considered the silly season and they are the highest representatives of that club they get to nominate to go up to div 2?

Reply #202262 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

SA Church have gone down to div 3 so United have taken their spot.

Reply #202273 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think UD are from the old St Bernards stadium....

Reply #202278 | Report this post

nat  
Years ago

lets face it...summer season div 2 is a pretty bad standard...probably worse than div 3, so this united team will probably go ok

Reply #202337 | Report this post

Frog 51  
Years ago

I think you guys are right... I saw them play in the A grade comp in Ballarat, which is ABA standard. They had they the team that eventually won down by 20 and somehow lost it.. Pretty physical bunch but rely on a couple of scorers who can shoot the lights when they are on.. A few passengers and the odd brain explosion will see them scrapping early.

Reply #203008 | Report this post

Grounded  
Years ago

Used to know a few of the guys in this team but they have either moved or been moved on. They have been smashing div 3 for a while now but injuries seem to occur pretty regularly, especially when it counts. I know a few of them play AFL rules on weekends which wouldnt help..

Reply #203009 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Looks like they could do some damage
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=106423499&c=0-3-0-76085-0&pool=-1

Reply #203553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754