Years ago

Who Is Twane Bugeja?

Who Is Twane Bugeja?

I was just having a look on the Sporting Pulse website earlier, after being told in the ABL MVPs thread that I could find ABL stats there. I noticed that there was a player for Forestville 2 in Div 4 Mens named Twane Bugeja who had some great scoring numbers. Over 25 games during the Winter season, this player averaged 33.5 points per game, and topped the 40 point mark 7 times, with a high score of 60.

I know it's only Div 4, so it's probably nothing to get too excited about, but it takes some sort of talent to score that many points each game. They must at least be able to shoot well.

I don't know who this guy is, and don't play district myself nowdays. But for those who know of this person, what sort of player are they? Are they that good? And should they/why aren't they playing in a higher div?

Topic #17214 | Report this topic

cavolo  
Years ago

Freakish shooter from anywhere on the court and the only way to shut him down is generally to play a box and one defense against him and his team.

Is lazy in D though and is not willing to work that hard off the ball, hence why the box and one is best. Is probably about 6 ft 3/4 and if he was fit and played D, who knows where that freaky scoring ability could have taken him. He's quite solid through his torso too.

ONe downside though is his temper - has been known to get ejected and did so during his team's first final resulting in automatic disqualification the next week which contributed to his team being knocked out in the semi's.

Reply #202859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think he has a bad temper in district you should see him in social bball! There he explodes out of control, fuelled by his friends/family and unfortunately the refs are not skilled enough or/and too scared to eject him. All refs would hate to ref his games as he Continuously complains and resorts to dirty cheap shots on other players.

He has an amazing 3 point shoot (Bit of an unusual action). Hits them at a very high percentage if left open. Has a trade mark move inside where he shoulder barges his defender which then creates enough room for him to score. If the player was to fall down they would get the charge call but as they don't he gets away with it and gets easy points. In the better div's he would be against taller stronger opponents and wouldn't be able to do that. Defensively he is lazy and not good enough to play in the better div's.

It would suck to play in a team with him as you would be required to pass him the ball in offence and have him do everything. Then he will play lazy D. Add to that the frequent tech fouls.

If he actually played team basketball, stopped being lazy on defence and cut out his dirty cheating ways then he would be a decent player in the better divs.

Reply #202870 | Report this post

breaklamp  
Years ago

I played against him many times - cant tell you how many times he single-handedly killed our team. He was shooting fade away 3 point shots from the corner that you cant block. Like you say - he doesnt play D and does have a temper. Dont think he has the engine to play in a higher div.

Reply #202885 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

We played a box and one against him in the first final that we played against Forestville 2 and he lost his temper, threw the ball at one of our guys heads and got ejected.

Good size for div 4 meaning it's very hard to contest his shot. He's also never met a shot he doesn't like which contributes to his big numbers...

Reply #202888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#202870 - What social comp is that - at Wayville? Might have played against him.

Reply #202893 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Used to play against him at Wayville, had a couple of games called off for fights (not me of course).

He used to play Juniors Div 2 for Sturt with his brother Johnny.

Reply #202897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, he plays social at Wayville. Teams have not turned up to play against his team a few times. I think this is fair enough and teams that continue to show anti social behaviour should be banned as it discourages everyone to play. If they want to be thugs go play football.

Reply #202899 | Report this post

BJ  
Years ago

I played with T Bug in juniors at Sturt. He has the most talent i have seen of anyone not to go further.

In scrimage our squad would normally whip the Div 1 team which had a lot more brand name talent.

He was regularly going for big scoring games then although he was not the team high scorer from memory.

There was also an article about him some time back in the Tiser about him having a huge Nike collection.

Good guy off court but these days does suffer from a touch of white line fever

Reply #202930 | Report this post

gravity man  
Years ago

This guy can shoot!!!! However has attitude problem,played against him,but wouldnt shake his hand afterwards.He plays Social Basketball and thats correct the referees there at Wayville are too scared to eject him or report him.Years ago he was reported many times!!!His team was banned many years ago,but now his team is back on Tuesday nights!!!Whoever made that decision has no brains.If no attitude propblem and pull his weight in D he be playing in Top grade for sure.Hes a bad influence ,mark my words.

Reply #202967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My husband, and all you haters are just jealous of his mad skills! Maybe if you spent more time having a life instead of in forums, you wouldnt be such haters to begin with.

Reply #207068 | Report this post

wifey  
Years ago

My Huband, and to all you haters out there that wont to verbally bash him in forums instead of having lives, I say LOSERS! Twane takes his basketball more seriously and is more committed and loyal to the game then half of you out there...... If you cant handle his heat, then get out of the fire, oh yeah and if you didnt hear me before, Get a life !

Reply #207069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can't take the heat of the forum, then get out of the fire.

the "get a life" comeback was lame 10 years ago. "i'm too cool for forums, wah wah wah."

Reply #207072 | Report this post

Nolan Harcourt  
Years ago

Has been a long time since I have heard that name. Agree with everything written about this man's talent. Haven't seen the temper to be able to speak about it but I can add Twane loved the game and spent more time on the blacktop sharpening his skills than anyone I know. Also worth mentioning he is ex-Cabra and had a big part in setting up their basketball program for the success it has had for the last 15+ years. It is worth re-opening the greatest school teams of all time thread and adding Twane's name to the Cabra list!

Reply #298508 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754