Shaqdiddy
Years ago

SIXERS V KINGS SCORES

Appears the Kings started with a 9-0 run before Sixers found their way, were down 18-16, then 24-18, 44-36 and at the half in an 11 point hole at 54-43. No individual scores able to be found out

Topic #1723 | Report this topic

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Good start to the second half 9:30 mark down 56-49

Reply #19585 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

58-53 8.15 3rd. getting it back some now, dont know about our legs though.

Reply #19586 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Legs should be ok, will definitley come in to affect against the Bullets tomorrow night though!

Reply #19587 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

73-72 3/4 time. Nice comeback hopefully they can keep the tempo going and run over them.

Reply #19592 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Down 88-82 at 4:20 mark of 4th quarter. Close finish ahead, Maher and Farley are tough down the stretch of these tight games!

Reply #19593 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

hope so. Its shit not knowing the details, why does nbl.com not have this!

Reply #19596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where are you getting these updates from?

Reply #19597 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

2:39 left down 90-86

Reply #19598 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Any1 know how Dusty is playin??? Is he gettin big numbers???

Reply #19599 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

I'm making them up! Ha ha

Seriously go to sportal.com.au

Reply #19601 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah sportal but its too late really to get them now, it will be the end soon unless overtime. next update will be the last i bet.

Reply #19602 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

98 88

Reply #19603 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

what happened in those 2 mins...30 seconds left.

Reply #19604 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

down 98-88 with 35 seconds, Kings must've hit one or two big shots, and Sixers were forced to foul!

This sucks, but lets see what happens in Brisbane tomorrow night now, surely fans would be reasonably happy with a 1-1 split out of a tough road trip!

Reply #19605 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

any1 know the box scores?

Reply #19606 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah, sad to see us loose it near then end but then again we really were not in it that much for the whole game. Bullets will be just as hard if not harder now with the extra work out. Wonder what numbers Hill got, if any?

Reply #19607 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

we wont beat brisbane. tight, close game just 24 hours ago...would have had our better players on, brisbane havent played since last weekend (except thier all star players), they will be fresh and wanting revenge from when we beat them last time in brisbane (a couple of weeks ago). odds are against us. would be a gutsy effort if we can get it

Reply #19608 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

WE WON'T BEAT BRISBANE????

I'm not sure if you are overating Brisbane, or underating the Sixers! Seriously, these guys are professional athletes, it's not like they're just going to go in to Brisbane and just lie down 'cos they played the previous night.

Why wouldn't the Sixers be just as hungry for a win, because of tonights result? Wasn't like the win in Brisbane was a fluke or total upset!

Reply #19609 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

brisbane were the favourites for the ring in pre season mate...yes they havent been 'the best' team during the season. we played them in brsibane 2 weeks ago when they didnt have rucker..tough win it was even without rucker, some would say, lucky to get away with the 'W'. brisbane are at full strength...adelaide has had a tough run lately with injuries, holmes, williams, ng..maher before them.

i am well aware they are professional athletes...so too are the bullets! i never said they were going to lie down coz they played the night before...i said it was going to be tough for them to get the win. my point was, brisbane will be fresh..more so than the 36ers BECAUSE we would have played the night before in a tight game against one of the better teams throughtout the whole season which would have seen our better players playing close to a full game.

i never said they wouldnt be hungry for the win. of course they will be trying to take the win away. get a life mate and stop taking cheap shots.

Reply #19612 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Have to agree with John. While obviously not impossible, it is unlikely the Sixers will be able to pull out a win against the Bullets.

The schedule is the reason, not the Sixers worth vs the Bullets worth. As John said, playing the night before in a close game with the best players no doubt playing big minutes plus travel will make it hard for the Sixers. Plus, hardly any time to prepare for the Bullets.

Hopefully Dusty plays, that will no doubt help.

Reply #19619 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

jasmie makes a very good point. the fixture. has anyone looked at it? sydney do not play a round where they have to play on friday night and back it up again on saturday night until round 16! they then do that again only once...in the last round of the season. that is unbelievable. they play a thursday/saturday round...the thursday game being one of only 3 throughout the whole season. do they get it good or what? seems to be a good deal playing 1 game a round or even wednesday and then saturday.

Reply #19621 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

also on the fixture...36ers play 4 rounds where they have 2 games on the road. sydney do this twice...of those 2, thier last is the last round of the regular season. fair?

Reply #19627 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rychart didn't play. Hill had 8 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists on debut (16 minutes).

Farley 29, Maher 18, Holmes and Forman 11 each, Cooper, Rees and Hill 8.

Top boards: Holmes 9, Forman 8, Cooper 7.

Assists: Maher 5.

19 turnovers for the Sixers, and 41% FG compared to the Kings' 52%. Holmes 18% and Maher 33%.

Really missed Dusty out there from the looks of the box score.

Reply #19647 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Found this on OzHoops after the game last night:

"Who is this Hill kid from the Sixers? Looks like he's got a bit of game."

And from someone else:

"He certainly rose to the occasion, he certainly didn't look out of place at NBL level. He looked quite fearless actually, he put on a few good moves."

And yet another opinion:

"Brad Hill, still early days but looks like he could be a very useful player down the track."

Guess what? Another one:

"hill's got a good build for his age. he had some nice moves. has some of that gumbiness of youth thing going on, but he logged good minutes and didn't look out of place. i'd be pleased if i were an adelaide fan to have him though it'd be stating the bleeding obvious to talk about there being a way to go in his development."

Sounds like he's off to a good start.

Reply #19652 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Should be interesting to see how he goes infront of a home crowd on Wednesday night.

Fire up Big Willie for those bullets!

Reply #19665 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Get a Life? Stop taking cheap shots? Just contradicted yourself MATE!

Isaac I love this site, good to ruffle some feathers every now and then over the Sixers ;)

Go you Sixers!

Reply #19701 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Yeah Isaac,

I was at the Sydney game and Hill's debut was excellent.

It was uncanny how similar his game is to Newley's and he will certainly help us.

He took the game to the basket and finished strongly. One move he absolutely schooled Jason Smith got in the lane and looked like he wanted to dunk on Roberts before hitting a little floater.

He played good defence and made some great passes. Not bad considering has only been with the team for a week and no doubt would have been nervous.

He played with confidence and his height at 6'6" gave us a new dimension as he was able to play PG-SF with ease.

There is no doubt he will help us this season and is certainly a future starter.

He only played a few minutes in the Brisbane game as Smyth went back to the regular rotation with Dusty being back.

Again he looked confident in his few minutes but missed a couple of threes. He took the ball to the basket strong a couple of times and appeared to be smashed both times but being a rookie got no calls.

Reply #19919 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Hill sounds promising. One thing I like the sound of is his ability, or at least his willingness, to drive to the basket. We've got quality spot up shooters, but we could do with someone who can take it inside.

Reply #19929 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754