Reply #203092 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

but my dad can piss up the wall higher than your dad

Reply #203102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol.

the dragons beat the 36ers in a meaningless pre-season game and that means they're going to be better than Adelaide?

lol lol lol

Reply #203106 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sh!t the Dragons beat us in a trial game. Dont even turn up this year Sixers we don't have a chance.

Reply #203107 | Report this post

pointless  
Years ago

This trial game had meaning. Ninnis did want to win so do not make out as if it was normal. Ninnis did the pre season for the dragons when they started badly or am I wrong. Bad choice.

Reply #203110 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If Mal Hemmerling had money to blow on basketball like Mark Cowan does, I could do the same song and dance about the Sixers too.

Decent win by the Dragons, amazing to see the young guns playing better than the likes of Ingles and Worthington. Good sign for the team.

Shame that there isn't a minor championship for pre-season games; I'm sure Mark Cowan would love to put a trophy next to those wooden spoons he's been collecting.

Reply #203112 | Report this post

Dandy Man  
Years ago

Sixers are crap and will come bottom 4. Over rated. Yes man for a coach. Has beens for players. Aaron Bruce will think what the hell has he got himself into.

Crows are Crap, Power are crap - what a great state of affairs, behind by 30 minutes on the clock but 30 yeas behind the times. At least your girls bball and netball teams are great to look at, and can play as can your soccer team.

Reply #203125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bottom 4 in no particular order will be:

Sydney
Gold Coast
Townsville
Wollongong

Reply #203126 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Thanks dandy man for your ramblings now please rack off and talk rubbish on Gaze site someone might even think you are clever there.
Whilst has been dissapointing pre- season programme I think Scotty might have been better working team hard on systems etc due to diff. arrival times etc and much less pre season games. Really pleasing though Luke is improving and scoring 15-20 points now as we know Ballinger will do his bit and Bruce is exactly what we need and showing it to support Brett .
I never expected big numbers or things from Holmes Winitana or Hill just to do their little bit.
So really how far we finish will depend on Tyndale and his scoring and defensive ability. But certainly wont be in btm 4

Reply #203129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the core group have been playing together for a cppl of years now maybe the difference.. tynedale has been in aus for 2 weeks and bruce 3 weeks, brand new team and when they will gel b tough to beat especially at home

Reply #203149 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah I'm not too worried about this loss. A positive to come out of the game is that its Good to see Hill knocking down 3's. If he can add that consistently to his game then he will be a great force.

I think the Sixers should really be looking to finish the regular season in the top 4. Anything below that would be a disappointing end to the regular season. However, we could still win it if we don't finish in the top 4 I think.

Reply #203151 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

Pre-Season, Summer-Camp or Aussie Cup

Whatever you want to call it Adelaide dont have the depth to match the top 3

You have lost your sharpest shooter in the Docter and Hodge

When Herbert can have 20.....Wheres the defence?

Im not saying they are a bad team all i referenced that they are not as good as everyone is talking about atm

Reply #203164 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Anyway- thanks for the box score link...

tool.

Reply #203165 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

its pre season, how about you talk it up dandy when the season has started. or near the end when your getting done for salary cap. or when your club goes bankrupt and you fold.bottom 4 my left nut. Which ever vic club you follow does not change the fact you are a tool as stated in the above post.

Reply #203171 | Report this post

TheFansMan  
Years ago

I'm a dragons fan and even I think this is a stupid topic.

36ers are going to be good. When they start to gel, they definitely have the talent to challenge top 4 (although it will be hard.)

My picks:

Melbourne
South
Perth
Adelaide
New Zealand
Cairns
Townsville
Gold Coast
Wollongong
Sydney

Although 4-9 could go anyway.

Reply #203176 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Herbert scored 20+ against us last year in the regular season - he's not a bad player.

Reply #203185 | Report this post

blue boy  
Years ago

Agree with Dandy man - but bottom 5. Same old same old, no reason for difference from last year.

Reply #203207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blue boy, why are so many of you Sturties such complete and utter tools?

Reply #203217 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

Whilst the original poster failed bigtime, he is right that the dragons are ahead of adelaide. the top 3 are really infront of the pack right now in ters of depth and talent. but injuries, chemistry and other mishaps can allways even the scales. to right off a team like adelaide or breakers is stupid.

Reply #203378 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Dragons > 6ers because Cowen's checkbook > Hemmerling's.

Of course they are the better team, they easily have the better lineup. They will underachive if they don't make the grand final series.

But you are still a tosser Oldschool. No point winning if you can't do it with class.

If I were to say the Tigers are better than the Dragons, is that really a particularly insightful comment?

Reply #203381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754