CAIRNS TAIPANS 7.50
NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 8.00
SOUTH DRAGONS 9.00
ADELAIDE 36ERS 10.00
GOLD COAST BLAZE 26.00
TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 26.00
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 29.00
SYDNEY SPIRIT 81.00

Personally, I am getting on the Dragons at $9. Can't see anyone else as being worth it. IMO, Cairns are placed too high and should be swapped with the Dragons at least, if not shuffled a spot down from there too. They have a good roster on paper, but half the team doesn't want to be there and their chemistry won't be great.

Topic #17244 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

HAHA. I know who i'm going to bet on(Dragons).
That is just amazing, that they are paying $9.00, especially when you consider how dominant they have been in the pre-season.
Now i understand pre-season games don't mean much, but come on, you can't say the Dragons aren't serious title contenders.

Reply #203215 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Great odds there on the Dragons. Buy them now while you can.

Reply #203220 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think the Sixers and Dragons should be placed infront of Cairns and NZ. Sixers are worth a bet also I think. If you put $10 on both Sixers and Dragons you would be in with a good chance of a good return.

Reply #203228 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Good odds on the Dragons, BUT only 1 team can win and with the $$$ that the Tigers have outlayed and the talent and DEPTH they have can't see them being beat. I know it may sound stupid but the $2.50 on the Tigers IMO is the best bet there, worth hanging out though and hoping Tigers maybe drop 2 or 3 games in a row and the odds might push out to $3.00 or $3.50.

Reply #203229 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good point and also about the odds lengthening at some point.

I still think there is value in trying to pick a grand final team at good odds.

e.g., get $50 on the Dragons at $9, they come up against the Tigers and (risk you took to get there aside) you have a 'free' $400 bet on the favourites. They win, you might make a few hundred. They lose, you're back to your $50.

I did this last season after getting the Kings at long odds and it would've worked if I didn't try to improve my position with a multi involving the Grizzlies and Lakers.

Reply #203247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They (Cairns) have a good roster on paper, but half the team doesn't want to be there and their chemistry won't be great."

Which players don't want to be there?

Reply #203251 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Don't write off NZ. They run some great structures and have added real quality to last years list. $8 just as good as the $9 for Dragons who are not very deep when you take a good look.

Reply #203264 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dragons are fairly deep. They've got eight players who will start or have started in the last couple of years.

At Cairns, IMO everyone except for Stephen Black! I'm not sure that Mee, Cat and Abney are loving it there.

Reply #203268 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I'm with you DJ. Its really quite difficult to get past the fact that the Tigers are several leagues ahead of the rest. Your $2.50 return is the safest money you can gamble. The only problem is that you won't make much money out of it unless you want to outlay a huge amount of dollars. With Sydney Kings and Brisbane Bullets out of the equation, the top 3 teams are down to just one so the Tigers really stand alone. I don't rate Goorjian's Dragons as highly as Goorjian's Kings.

Reply #203273 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Would love to put $1K on Spirit, have them win and come out of it $80K better off but somehow I don't think that is going to happen.

Reply #203274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stephen Black strikes again.

Reply #203278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

put money on the crocs. i think they will surprise alot of people!

Reply #203289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw the odds, opened an account and wacked $20 on the Dragons.

Reply #203312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:43 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754