DICKO
Years ago

NBL fines Tigers $4k for suiting Ere uncleared

The Melbourne Tigers have been fined $4000 for playing Ebi Ere in a pre-season game before his clearance has come through.

NBL interim Chief Executive Officer Chuck Harmison said that Ere played without obtaining the necessary Foreign Player Licence and International Clearance, and as a result the Tigers had been fined by the League.

"It's a fairly basic rule that all import players need to get the necessary clearances from FIBA before playing for their new team, and unfortunately the Tigers failed to obtain these on Ere's behalf before playing him on Saturday night," said Harmison. "As a result, we were left with no alternative other than to impose sanctions against the Tigers."

"As the infraction occurred in a pre-season game, we felt a fine was appropriate in this instance," Harmison added. "If this had been a regular season game, they would potentially have faced the loss of competition points as well as a significantly larger fine, so this is a serious breach on their behalf."

Topic #17245 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

Finally, some sort of Justice in the league. Now how about the punishment for going over the salary cap......

Reply #203227 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Chuck.... Look Seamus, you've really put me in a tough position here.

Seamus.... Pi$$ off puppet boy, I don't care

Chuck.... Well, you know Seamus. We either have be SEEN to be doing somthing here or people are REALLY going to start noticing the favouritism we show the Tigers.

Seamus.... What do you suggest, loser?

Chuck.... We're going to have to fine you a couple of grand as a token effort.

Seamus.... Righto then....I'll just nip out the truck and empty the ashtray. Gold Coins OK?

Chuck.... That will be fine Master. I'm sorry that this had to happen.

Seamus.... It's all right Boy, I understand. We'll just say the league owes me one OK?

Reply #203230 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

The forum owes DICKO a ball.

Reply #203236 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

"That will be fine Master. I'm sorry that this had to happen." - GOLD.

Reply #203249 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Nice work DICKO, keep it up

Reply #203257 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Once again the NBL fine for 1km over the limit but ignore the more serious discretions.

Reply #203269 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

This is where I'd like to make some sort of comment about McPeake and ridiculously expensive sports cars doing 200km's over the limit, but there's 2 things I'm sure of.

1/ mcPeake would not fit in any car capable of going that fast.

And

2/ somehow it would become about isaac and his ferrari

Reply #203276 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isnt this this the 3rd time the Togers have done this? Thye lost points and the win when the played Bradtke before he was cleared and i am sure someone like Bennet Davison had the same issue.

4k for a multiple offence is very light but as Dicko has pointed out it could be explained.

Reply #203280 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

They would have known the implications but it seems they have a bit of cash to throw away and thought what's $4k if Ebe gets a good run with his new teammates!

Reply #203300 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

Again...Proves McPeake has power over this league

$4,000 for playing an uncleared player

Why is this garbage allowed to continue....As a post pointed out they wouldnt have cared

Reply #203318 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Ere: Hey Seamus my man, I heard the NBL are going to charge us $4k if I play tonight?
McPeake:Yeah I know, how about I go you halves?
Ere: Yeah I guess so.. (Ebi reaches into his wallet and pulls out $2k)
McPeake: Come on Ebi stop being so gullible I was never going to get you to pay it...i'll just get Harmison to pay it for us!
Ere and McPeake: Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Reply #203322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:40 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754