Seb007
Years ago

6ers Run Home

The SIXERS have a pretty good run home with quite a few matches being played at the DHD and a few locks away.

Below kis the SIXERS schedule with my predictions of what will happen.

Round 17

Kings vs Sixers. LOSE
Brisbane vs Sixers WIN

Round 18

6ers vs Tigers WIN
Sixers vs Hawks Shut down Mee and we'll WIN

Round 19

Hawks vs Sixers LOSE by a big margin
Sixers vs Cairns WIN BY 20-35

Round 20

Sixers vs Brisbane WIN

Round 21

Cairns vs Sixers WIN by 15+

This leaves us with a nice record of 21-11 with a win% of 65.625. By tommorrow, I'm hoping to post a run home for every team and then post my result of the final table.

What do you think???

Cheers!!!

Seb007

Topic #1727 | Report this topic

What do I think? I think that list will be at least 50% wrong

Reply #19623 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

Sixers vs Hawks Shut down Mee and we'll WIN

Round 19

Hawks vs Sixers LOSE by a big margin

interesting....

john is confused about how u think we'll go against the hawks. one week win...next week..lose big time?

Reply #19624 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

it's just far too unpredictable at this stage - youre on the money for 50%

It's up for grabs - and we are in with a chance

Reply #19628 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

36ers to hold for 3rd spot most likely. however, huge game against melbourne on the 26th of january at the dome! get along to get them over the line cause they would have just finished a huge week with the all star game and 2 tough games on the road. need to beat melborune to clinch the season series (we play them 4 times). hawks and kings to battle it out for the top 2 spots most probably.

Reply #19630 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the series against Melbourne will be far more crucial than that against the Kings (which we lost 1-3) as we're likely to battle for 3rd-5th rather than against the Kings and Hawks in the top two.

Hopefully the crowd can get behind the team when Melbourne visit and scare those old Tigers off their game.

Seb007 - I think you're probably on track with those predictions and I'd guess the same results myself. The Hawks are a top team, but our home record speaks for itself and I think we can beat them at home, but it'd be tough to get them at their place.

Cairns are a team in disarray and we have to take advantage of that to get the crucial away win against them. Also, to thoroughly demoralise at the Dome first to boost our percentage and have them worried.

I do think that, realistically, some of those results are optimistic. If Dusty is out for tonight's game against Brisbane, it would be extremely tough to pick up the win without Holmes getting 20+. Without Dusty, we're one big scorer short and I'm not sure that we can make it to a competitive total without a giant game from Farley or Maher, or someone else putting up better numbers.

Reply #19648 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Seb007 Hopefully your predictions come right, im looking forward to the Hawks game here, that will be a thrilla!

Reply #19667 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Issac the Sydney series is 2-2, I am guessing that it then goes to points spread between the 2 teams which would mean Sydney are +4.
There is no point in increasing our percentage the ladder position is dependant on the head to head results, percentage is only used during the season not end of season results.

Reply #19671 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

isaac...i think u misunderstood my point before. i was saying the melbourne game was a 'must win' game to clinch the series so we would finish on top of them if we were to have the same amount of wins. i also stated that we'd finish 3rd which meant that the kings and hakws would battle it out for the top 2 spots (which i also stated). the sydney series is 2 all i believe too.

hopefully now, my point is a little clearer.

Reply #19677 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

According to Boti, Dusty is playing tonight against Brisbane. Whether he plays next Wednesday against the Tigers is dependent on how well he heels. I would rather see him not play tonight and get a better result from his heeling for the rest of the season. If he wasn't fit last night against Sydney, he is not going to be 100% tonight and could actually do more damage. Worse than that, he could be forced out of tonight's game early getting little benefit in this game and risking the rest of the season.

Reply #19679 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:51 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754