Ben Fitz
Years ago

Whers is Luke Kendall

I have been away and have not seen Kendall's name linked witha team yet.

Nbl.com.au does not have him attached to a team either.

Surely someone would have picked him up.

Topic #17280 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Points cap victim.

No doubt he's really regreting not jumping the Kings ship at the same time as Worthington and Smith.

Reply #203634 | Report this post

Trinity  
Years ago

The points system has to go! Dont like Kendall, but as a fan, love to hate him. good players like him, Mottram and im sure others shouldnt miss out on playing in a league that is there job...isnt this thwe lucky country after all? Aussies have to go interbnational to make a crust?

Reply #203644 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

stupid points system belies belief, he'll probably end up in the phillipines.

Reply #203645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Admittedly the points system is flawed but it is the only thing keeping this competition somewhat even!! If you abolish the points system you can say goodbye to any chance of a team other than the two melbourne teams winning the Championship and the league would definitely suffer as a result of that as people would lose interest!!

Reply #203647 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Somewhat even? Have you seen the Tigers line-up?

Reply #203649 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I won't be surprised if we see him pop up at some point over the summer.

He'll be 're-pointed' and fill the void left by the departure of a local player to an overseas competition or retirement or maybe the sacking/departure of an import.

I'm guessing he's a good chance of being in South Dragon colours but I wouldn't count out Tigers, Spirit or Wildcats either.

That's my guess anyway.

Reply #203652 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Tigers can make him a "development" player.

Reply #203656 | Report this post

Boss  
Years ago

With the team the Tigers put together, he might not be good enough to make the roster

Reply #203666 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He could act as Barlow's training fodder

Reply #203668 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

post games showers just wont be the same for boy gorg without kendall

Reply #203684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has Euro passport, but I think he's hanging tight for a mid season pickup here if someone gets injured, and then will surely be snapped up next off season.

I know he's overhyped and well hated around the league, but he absolutely should be in the NBL. There's no question he'd start on nearly half the teams.

Reply #203688 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If he's got a Euro passport surely this would be all the incentive required to pack his bags and try his luck in the continent? WOuld surely be good enough to pick up a gig paying as much or more than he'd get in the NBL (and certainly more than the zero he's getting now in the NBL).

Reply #203711 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There's nothing wrong with the points system if it was a clear case of not exceeding a certain number of points. What makes it a farce and makes teams unbalanced is the value of points to the individual player. The roster the Tigers have put together should be worth more than the 68 points allowed. They have clearly taken advantage of the fact that they are getting extremely good value for their points. Top that with a salary cap that the NBL seems to turn a blind eye to and hence the Tigers emerge.

Reply #203713 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

i am not a fan of luke kendal but i think that no one as good as him deserves to be left without a club to go to. this points system is ridiculos.

Reply #203729 | Report this post

Ballsy  
Years ago

Look i'm an ex king fan - transfered 2 a Dragons supporter - and i believe Luke would be a great asset to a strong young in the running for a championship Dragons team. Watching the dragons last week @ Hisence was terrible. We don't go to direct shooters, instead we force shots and hope 4 the best. At least if Luke came or was @ least snapped up he would give the Dragons a fairdinkim PG/SG and 9 times out of 10 hit a basket while open. "Boy Gorg" has to do something about this and fingers crossed can look at delisting a few first year players allowing us to rack up the points to allow us to get him.

Reply #205973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #218560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754