Skills
Years ago

Lame 36ers Commercial on Ch9?

Dear god. Who are they hiring to produce this tripe?

I know its a short slot, but cmon...

1st Shot) team with hands in... fair enough.
2ns Shot) cheerleaders jumping...ok.
3rd Shot) Close up of an umpire with a ball... huh!?!?
4th Shot) Commercial ends with a wide shot from the terrace, of a COMPLETELY empty Dome stadium during a ballup during an intersquad scrimmage, which im guessing was during a training session.

How hard is it to splice half a dozen action dunks/shots/passes/crowd reations from last season?

Any 14yo kid with Windows Movie Maker could do better.

It doesnt take a genius to put some sort of marketing basics in place.

Topic #17354 | Report this topic

KC- gone  
Years ago

At least you got an add

Reply #204218 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

"Come fill our empty seats"? Not a very enticing prospect.

Why not get some footage of the standing ovation of 7000 people last year for Smyth, and as already suggested splice in some action shots.

Reply #204227 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Horrible and as a fan disgusted. That wont entice ANY new fans, and its a shame, because the talent this season is good. Why not work the Brett Maher's Last Season angle, come see a true legend of the game, in his last campaign lead a hungry new team!

Anything but what was actually produced!

Reply #204238 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Who makes these terrible decisions on marketing?

Reply #204246 | Report this post

:knowledge  
Years ago

very amateurish! don't they have any money to produce a decent one?

Reply #204252 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

MAL....Spend Money to make money! That thing last night was horrific. Id like to know who the numbnut was that signed off on it? Mal, Paul bauer, names need to start being named, so that this amatuerish attempt at publicity stops. Please, this club has some very loyal fans that deserve better!

Reply #204305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone put it on youtube so I can see it's lameness.

Reply #204328 | Report this post

challenge to all  
Years ago

after reading this thread an idea came to mind, who here can do better? make an ad, post it on youtube and here, see who the winner is after that.

just an idea, if u dont like the idea dont post crap saying its a bad idea, leave those comments to "playa"

Reply #204337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C'mon, Rome wasn't built in a day.

At least they are trying!!

Reply #204343 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Samba, would you spend your money on another person's asset?

Reply #204350 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I thought the same about the ad when I first saw it, but when you think about it..the Ad shows the entire team THIS year. So instead of taking film from previous years maybe they are more about pushing a whole new team...Of Course this would lead to changing the Adverts fairly quickly into the season to show a full venue(maybe) with some good action of the new players.

Reply #204363 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Got my tix 2nite and there were only about 10 seats left in the gold and not many up the back either so they must be doing something right.

Reply #204367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be good to have a 6000 strong crowd tonight, probably the most the NBL will see this year by a fair amount.

Reply #204368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How hard is it to splice half a dozen action dunks/shots/passes/crowd reations from last season?"

haha there wernt even half a dozen dunks last season.

and as for the crowd...........woo sixers!

Reply #204373 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

Really Xztaik? I got my tickets Tuesday and above the concourse was nearly completley empty along with behind the backboards. The corners were about half full but it WAS full below the concourse on the northern and southern side.

I hope we get a bigger crowd than it looks like it might be.

Reply #204382 | Report this post

george donnikian  
Years ago

Great close up of the Umpire!....that will surely entice thousands of weirdo geeks out there to come to a game

Reply #204418 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754