Topic #17387 | Report this topic

Winners  
Years ago

Sturt won both U18 2's GF's.

Any other news from Pasadena tonight?

Reply #204565 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Torrens Valley in U16B2 by approximately 20 points, Western Magic U18B5, South in U18B3 those are the ones I can remember, but a lot of the games were won by a 20 point or so margin.

Reply #204575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 20 div2 men , North defeated South by 2 points last night

Reply #204590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt lost boys U10 div 1, U12 div 2, u14 div 2
Winners were
U10 div 1 Bearcats
U12 div 2 Woodville
U14 div 2 Cougars

Reply #204670 | Report this post

say what  
Years ago

Magic won:
U12 girls div 3
U12 boys div 3
U14 girls div 4
U16 girls div 3
U18 boys div 5

Reply #204757 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Wow, Magic won all of those low divisions. How exciting for them. Does anyone really care?

Reply #204759 | Report this post

say what  
Years ago

People asked for results and I gave them, simple as that. Not bragging, just stating the facts.

Reply #204770 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Southern Tigers defeated Sturt by 5 points in U14 Div 1 boys. Forestville Girls defeated Sturt in U14Div 1 Girls. Sturt Div 1 boys over Mavs.

Reply #204777 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ooops Sturt U16 Div 1 boys over Mavs

Reply #204778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mav's thrashed Norwood by 29 in 16 girls and Sturt girls beat Norwood comfortably in the 18's

Reply #204782 | Report this post

wasnt there  
Years ago

What was the under 16 div 1 boys game between mavs and sturt like?

close? good reffing? leading scorers? what happened?

Reply #204804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratualtions to Southern Tigers U14 Boys Div 1's for an upset win over Sturt!! Good luck at the Nationals in Darwin.

Reply #204811 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

under 16 div 1 boys game between mavs and sturt

WORST REFFEIN I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. especially for a gf

Reply #204812 | Report this post

Ha Ha  
Years ago

Tear!

Reply #204821 | Report this post

pulteney 56  
Years ago

Actually the umpiring had no impact on the game for once in the U16 Div 1 boys, even tho one of them tried really hard to sway things. Congrats to the girl umpire for a good game and the guts to over rule some very ordianry descisions. Sturt boys came to play and they did it brilliantly!. Bad luck Mavs, it certainly wasnt your day, you didnt get a look in! Bit undisciplined I think.

Reply #205006 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

You must have been watching another game pultney!

Reply #205014 | Report this post

Pulteney 56 you are correct in one area, Sturt did play very well and deserved their victory. Their unheralded players played extremely well and they shot the ball very well early in the game to gain a decisive lead.
However you are wrong in the others. If you believe the umpiring had no impact at all you should ask the two Mavs boys that had 3 fouls each within the first quarter. The question isn't whether they committed the foul it is why the same consistency wasn't given at the other end of the court.
I think you may be getting undisciplined confused with disappointment at not understanding how the referees were calling the game (and that comes from players who have played in numerous finals, State Champs, Junior Classics and National Championships).
Regardless of this, the result will not change and Sturt deserve the congratulations that come with their victory.

Reply #205024 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

up close and personal - i think you will find that several of the Sturt boys did have foul trouble bother them, you just didn't realize because the Sturt boys did not act in the very stupid, unprofessional way of bitching about the refs, they shook it off and adjusted their game, if the Mavs players could have done that, the game might of been different and you wouldn't be here complaining.
Overall Sturt seemed to come out better on the day, Well done to both Sturt and Mavs for a great season.

Reply #205030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the other hand, I watched the boys 18Div1 GF, and thought the refs lenient wrt fouls committed by the losers. At least two blatant unsportsmanlikes were called as pfs, and many were overlooked (a grab for legs by a man on the ground is dangerous and should be picked up and awarded a U).
One wonders whether the refs took into account the latest clash between the two teams?

Having said this, on the whole the referees did a reasonable job but there's always room for improvement!

Reply #205033 | Report this post

pulteney 56  
Years ago

No anon, I was watching every minute of it, didnt miss a thing. Sour grapes perhaps? Boo hoo, Mavs boys in trouble with fouls, what the hell do you think some of the Sturt boys had??? Like Ace of Spades said, the Sturt boys just didnt carry on like the Mavs boys. Congratulations to the Sturt Coach for a professional bunch of boys.

Reply #205044 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

the girl umpire was woefull, enough said.

Reply #205154 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754