Graham
Years ago

SACBC coaches announced

SACBC website has listed the appointed coaches for 2009.

U/14 PROGRAM

UNDER 14 GIRLS

Head Coach- Peter Seebohm (Millicent)

Head Coach-Michael Quinn (Whyalla)

Cadet Coach- Jo Connelly (Pt Pirie)

Cadet Coach Shaun Clements (Whyalla)

UNDER 14 BOYS

Head Coach-Lachlan Griffiths (Eastern Hills)

Head Coach-Judi Prosser (Murray Bridge)

Cadet Coach- Luke Liddiard (SYP)

Cadet Coach- Jonathon Whitaker (Eastern Hills)

U/15-U/16 PROGRAM-GIRLS

Program Head Coach-Trevor Semmens (Barossa Valley)

UNDER 15 GIRLS

Head Coach-Trudy Ireland (Yorke Valley)

UNDER 16 GIRLS

Assistant Coach-Graeme Semmens (Broken Hill)

Assistant Coach-Glenn Mathieson (Naracoorte)

Apprentice Assistant Coach-Kizzie Staker (Broken Hill)

U/15-U/16 PROGRAM-BOYS

Program Head Coach-James Murphy (Strathalbyn)

UNDER 15 BOYS

Head Coach-Jason Warhurst (Eastern Hills)

UNDER 16 BOYS

Assistant Coach-David Todd (Mount Gambier)

Assistant Coach- Jenny Herbert (Millicent)

U/18 PROGRAM

UNDER 18 WOMEN

Head Coach- Stephen Patterson (Whyalla)

Assistant Coach-Matt Whittaker (Pt.Pirie)

Assistant Coach-Bill Kelton (Great Southern)

UNDER 18 MEN

Head Coach-Paul Salter (Murray Bridge)

Assistant Coach-Mike Rogers (Eastern Hills)

Assistant Coach-Shona McKeen (Pt Lincoln)

Apprentice Assistant Coach-Sean Sheedy (Whyalla)

When will Metro announce theirs? I don't even recall them calling for applicants yet?

Topic #17468 | Report this topic

Cat 22  
Years ago

Sorry Graham,

Considering Metro finished higher than Country in 3 out of the 4 grades, I am sure they are using a process that is working just fine. Maybe Metro aren't using Hoopsa as an advertising service.

PS: Applications due this Friday. All you nee to do is go to the BSA website.

Reply #205401 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Nice Claws Cat.

Reply #205404 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cat 22, that's unnecessarily bitchy.

Reply #205407 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Agree, and also somewhat of a contradiction of comments.....

"Maybe Metro aren't using Hoopsa as an advertising service."

"PS: Applications due this Friday. All you nee to do is go to the BSA website."

Reply #205413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it just astounds me that there are still people who think just because they live in the city that they are better than their country counterparts. We live in a country that has a huge multi cultural feel, women are treated as equals to men etc etc but yet country people are still treated like outcasts. I think these people need to move to the country and get some fresh air to clear their obviously narrow minds!

Cat you are a dickhead!

Reply #205425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find most think you're treated better than the city folk when it comes to basketball so maybe we feel you think you're better than us.
As for naming coaches, both metro and country simply shift sideways, upwards or downwards with an occassional new comer to deflect the critcism.

Reply #205447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when it comes to country basketball, i doubt that country are treated better than city, it would be more of being treated differently.

There is no way that city and counrty can ever be treated exactly the same as you are dealing with completely different locations, people, costs etc

I find it really annoying when people critisize the fact that country people may be eligible for extra benefits etc as there is usually a reason for those to happen. People that have never lived in the country (and im talking proper country - not outskirts of Adelaide) will never understand the trials and tribulations that country people face in regards to anything - basketball included. If you want to make it in a sport and you live in the country you either have to spend all your families money on travel costs etc to go to the city all the time or you have to move to the city, we dont have many opportunities at our doorstep.

I really wish everyone who has always lived in the city would move to the country for just one year to experience the difference.

Reply #205538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country to city? complete opposite it is correct we dont have mainly great opputunites at our doorstep while city do. We arent treated that different but all the same we do have to hav alot og commintment to do what we do, thats something that city people will never know.

i use to travel 12 hours everyweekend 6 to get to adel and 6 to get home. During the wk my mum work 3 jobs and my dad also worked.We hardly seen each toher. city people the sun doesnt shine out of your arse, take a step out of your comfort zone and live out in the country..

Reply #205619 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754