Johnny Sack
Years ago

When NBA players attack... The mic!!!

http://linky.com.au/9djwp

I was thinking today (not often that event!), and the words "Basketball's Best Kept Secret" came into my head. Some of you might already know about this abomination - well i found a link with track samples!!!

Now, back in the 1990's basketball had reached it's zenith around the word - with Mike, Shaq, Barkley, etc. And (at the same time) Rap was just starting to become acceptable in the mainstream and outside of the US. So some muppets had the idea of let's make a (c)rap album with NBA players (YAY!!!). By this point Shaq had released "Diesel" which was moderately succesful (due to the novelty i'd suggest).

So they grabbed a bunch of unrelated (barring one obvious trait - which i don't need to state) NBA players (of varying fame/infamy) and put them in front of mikes...

(Follow the link for samples of most tracks)

Hilarity ensues!!!

P.S. - I remember wanting to buy this as a young'n after it was plugged in One on One or Jammin' - thank god Virgin Megastore could only get it on import at some ridiculous price (effectively scaring me off) - otherwise god knows the emotional scarring i could have suffered listening Jason Kidd drone on or Isaiah Rider call out his entire posse and family.

Topic #17474 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Site seems to be down? Have you got a direct link?

Reply #205492 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/12515

FWIW...

Well, it was fine last night -???

Reply #205495 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I stll have the tape "NBA Rising Stars" where at the end, Naughty By Nature do a version of Hip Hop Hooray but change the lyrics to be all NBA references. It was awesome.

Reply #205498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754