Ground time
Years ago

Joe Ingles

Not sure how many people hve been keeping upto date with the youth olympics but Joe Ingles (our only sa rep) has been carving up and hasnt played more than 15 mins in any of the three games. He top scored with 21 points on 8/12 shooting in 15 mins of play. maybe Phil should have dragged him from the institute instead of Hill.

Topic #1748 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Give him a year at the AIS and then go for him.

Reply #19787 | Report this post

Under Piglet  
Years ago

He's a 6'6 Jon Deuter he needs to beef up

Reply #19800 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

He'll be part of the next generation with Hill. Let's just hope Adelaide open their cheque book and don't let these kids go interstate!

Reply #19826 | Report this post

Yo Momma  
Years ago

The kid is better than Brad Newley now, sixers better get the tie in soon.

Reply #19834 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Yo Momma is so dumb...can't think of anything suitably witty.

Newley was good before he went away to the 'Tute, infact he was awesome, but the reason he is where he is now is from two hard years of dedication and training. Give Ingles, Hill all that and we'll be looking at a future starting combo ($$$ permitting)

Reply #19842 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

He isn't better than Newley now, he could be one day though

Reply #19843 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Ingles has got serious game i would not be suprised if sixers picked him up he has proved himself enough times.

Reply #19847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the next brett maher!!

Reply #19853 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

good picture of him playing on youth olympic web site

Reply #19912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey what the, do u have the link for that pic by any chance or not?

Reply #20032 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

I have no idea where they have gone - they were on the BA website a day or two ago - Ingles going for a big reject - just follow the menus on the BA web site

all I can say is WHAT THE ?????

Reply #20035 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

some more pictures here - joe is incognito

http://www.abc.net.au/kathandkim/

Reply #20036 | Report this post

Frank Drebbin  
Years ago

I believe Joe Ingles was compaired by NBA scouts as being a Toni Kucoch (spelling anyone) but with a great deal more skill.

Reply #20157 | Report this post

minor issue  
Years ago

reading this thread and some mention has been made of brad newley. this topic may have bee ndiscussed earlier in the year (and in fact late last year) but what was the reason for the 36ers not going for newley? was thier friction between smyth and newley's dad? smyth wasnt interested? newley didnt wanna play for 36ers? whats the story? i heard plenty of rumors, but am unsure of the real reason. anyone??

Reply #20159 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Joes only problem comes with his attitude. Altho some may disagree i have seen him get carried away with the refs and play a poor quality game when frustrated. But by being with the institute this should help mould his attitude into that of a all round quality player

Reply #20160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is so not the next Brett Mahre... Brett is good

Reply #20174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol damn straight anonymous

Reply #20177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cheers mate! i cant believe another Anonymous said that... what were you on when u said that? come on... Brett is so good you will never get anyone like Brett.(apart from Brett)

Reply #20180 | Report this post

photos

http://www.basketball.net.au/FS_extra.asp?id=7556&OrgID=1

follow links

Reply #20276 | Report this post

Nordburg  
Years ago

Imagine an Ingles, Hill combination at the sixers, forget Jacob as the future of the Sixers its these two kids

Reply #20309 | Report this post

Forget Jacob? He single-handedly won the ABA ship for Eastern last year. And Jacob isn't exactly in the same mould as Ingles, anyway.

Reply #20319 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I get the feeling that Jacob will become more and more effective the more he sees of the ball. Behind Maher, Farley and Rychart, he doesn't really get the chance to play like he did with the Mavs last year (which was just flat-out impressive).

Whether his biggest opportunities will come with another team, or taking over one of the three big roles with the Sixers remains to be seen I guess.

He's still young (that's easy to forget) and had superb stats yesterday.

Reply #20323 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Jacob excels in many areas at NBL level. His only main weakness is his shooting. That should improve with time. And he deserves more time considering how rapid his improvement has been over the last three years.

People were writing off Oscar this time last year. And now look how far he's come since then.

Reply #20324 | Report this post

Write on  
Years ago

any word recently on this kid. Are the Sixers likely to sign him up.

Reply #53374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey does any 1 have a pic of this guy?

Reply #53377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have had the plesure of play in the same team as joe and the way he can turn the game around in a matter of minuets is his best asset.

Reply #53409 | Report this post

Years ago

and dont forget KERSTEN to come back from the states

Reply #53411 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joe was sitting on the Sixers bench at one of the last games. On board for next season.

Reply #53420 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Ingles is too skinny and will get smashed in the NBL let alone the NBA. Please, put him back in the AIS system to get him stronger

Reply #74178 | Report this post

millie  
Years ago

joe is soo hot n so is newely!!! they both rock n so dus barlow hes hot 2!!!! i luv them lolz

Reply #105146 | Report this post

Samantha  
Years ago

Joe Ingles is so HOT

Reply #108680 | Report this post

LiZee  
Years ago

Joe Ingles is super hot... Jingles all the way!!

Reply #115877 | Report this post

Samantha  
Years ago

he is so hot i love him

Reply #115924 | Report this post

Samantha  
Years ago

Ingles is the best i love him and wen i met him i couldnt talk it was funny he laughed. if i had a chance to marry him i would

Reply #126676 | Report this post

:)  
Years ago

Jingles is soo... hot.
4 eva

Reply #131930 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Interesting how 2 years ago we were talking about Ingles, Hill and Kersten as all future Sixers and how bright the future is.....

Reply #131931 | Report this post

BR0D!3  
Years ago

OMG!!!!! JINGLEZ, all I got to say is aim for the sky and keep up the great work, see you next season I'll be the won at every home game screaming like crazy!!!!

LOL luv BR0D!3

P.S i think you guyz can bet the other teams and win,keep it up mate!!!!

Reply #172931 | Report this post

NotaHater  
Years ago

Jingles may get drafted into the NBA, but he won;t mkae it there and will end up playing in Europe. He spends too much time drinking in bars after games and during the week. He can be seen at The Loft in with a few teammates (bar in Melb) after most games and he gets wasted. He needs to pull his head in and work harder on his game to make it in the NBA.
He looks disinterested at times and this will not help him.
I hope he pulls up his socks and gets his act together in roder to make the most of his talent and abilities.

Reply #173069 | Report this post

BR0D!3  
Years ago

Hey Joe,

all i can say is dragons keep up the great work and see you again next season.i was just wondering what sort of basketball boots do you were? well done this season i think your a great basketball player.

love BR0D!3

Reply #173370 | Report this post

Dean  
Years ago

Hey Joe,

I think your a SUPER player!!! Good luck this year.
I was wondering what is your Training Schedule and how long have you been competing for?

Thanks

Dean :)

Reply #201141 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754