cheezeburger
Years ago

who is going to be the next dominate centre

in the nba.when shaq retires who do you reakon will be the leading centre in the world of basketball.Amare?

Topic #1753 | Report this topic

FLY  
Years ago

Big Ben Wallace

Reply #19859 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Hopefully Phoenix lets Amare play PF before too long. Then they'll win titles.

Yao? Miller? Wallace - maybe, but is he offensively as potent as Shaq, the Admiral? Not many names. Bogut, Okafor too small.

We've just gone through an era, at least mine anyway, of 'name' centes who would dominate contests and jerseys sold at the stadiums. Olajuwon, Robinson (still remember taping his 72 pointer), Ewing, Abdul-Jabbar, O'Neil, Mutumbo, Mourning...god even Manute Bol. I'd pay $$$ for an old school Bullets shirt with Manute on it! 95 Finals were all about Shaq v The Dream, 94 Finals The Dream v Ewing. Or was it other way around. Who cares point is made.

The days of the team building around the big guy in the middle are over. Defensive 3 seconds! Anyone see the Jordan NC NCAA championship win? Ewing parked his arse in that key and didn't move.

It's a SG/SF world now.

Reply #19877 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

to be honest, I don't think there will be a dominant centre after Shaq.. I wouldn't call Yao dominate, nor would i call Big Ben dominate. Big Ben is intimidating, but not dominate.

Rattling my brain trying to think of a dominate centre.....coming up short...........way short compared to Diesel.....

Reply #19879 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

There is some 7'2 high schooler in the states at the moment. i cant remember his details, but from the highlights from espn motion that i saw, he was round the same size as shaq at the same age. i think he was only 17 or something like that. he could be one in the next couple of years to come throught. but other than that, i am stumped

Reply #19907 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

i dont think anyone in the nba at the moment. we have to wait for some gun rookie

Reply #19964 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah the rookie will have to be a 300 pounder and 7 foot.rare kind

Reply #19969 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What about the guy from Orlando. The rookie? Haven't seen him play yet, but he has had good write-ups

Reply #19970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754