DJ
Years ago

Former Sixer Cheerleader in USA

Didn't see this mentioned before, maybe I missed it. JR has linked to this article http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/spotlight_on_ashley_081001.html former Sixers Cheerleader Ashley.

Some interesting reading - I'm hoping she was jet lagged or recovering from a big night out when answering some of those questions..

Topic #17578 | Report this topic

boo-urns  
Years ago

wow

MT: How did your squad get it's name?
Ashley: The 36ers started in 1936, so that's it. Is that like the Philadelphia 76ers here

man the 36ers are an old club... beginning some 50 yrs before the NBL started...

Reply #206524 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

From the interview;

MT: Who's the most famous person from Adelaide?
Ashley: Lleyton Hewitt, the tennis player.

MT: Oh sure. You guys friends?
Ashley: No. I did meet his parents once, because his sister is best friends with one of the girls on the 36ers.

Reply #206526 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

and then when he hints that its like the 76ers name, she goes nah its when the team started lol - shes allready americanized

Reply #206527 | Report this post

jamster  
Years ago

"MT: Does every NBO team have a dance team?
Ashley: Not all of them. That's where Adelaide was pretty special because we were the consistent team."

NBO?

haha- and also- most consistent!

Reply #206533 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Man I'm scared of Koala's now.

Is that the cafe Primo chick?

Reply #206540 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

wow, I just hope no one asked her to locate Australia on a map...

Reply #206546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definetely not the Cafe Primo chick !!

Reply #206563 | Report this post

MT: How did your squad get it's name?
Ashley: The 36ers started in 1936, so that's it. Is that like the Philadelphia 76ers here?

seriously i cant believe this

please 6ers let ensure we all know our naming history

Reply #206564 | Report this post

People go to uni or tase?

Haha man I didn't know that you get tasered if you don't go to uni these days- the schools must be getting strict.

Reply #206577 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

MT: How does the school system work in Australia?

Ashley: We have Reception, which is like your kindergarten

WTF? does that mean i had to re-do kindergarten, and my parents just told me it was called reception, cos i, like most, entered reception after kindergarten...

Reply #206580 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

She reminds me of the chick from the Simpsons, when guys try and win the snow plow and everyone of them asks the same question

"do you come with the car?" and she always answered

"Oh you, and a giggle". Good to see she is blending in with the other bimbos over there. Good idea, maybe she is pretending to be dumb......

Reply #206606 | Report this post

Ms Anonymous  
Years ago

that is the most embarrassing thing I have read. Before they let the bimbos leave the country and represent us, they should teach them how to talk, and a little about the sport they are representing. Honestly, does she even watch a game of basketball, or does she just think that everyone is there to watch her.

Reminds me of that Miss Universe entrant from America who was asked about education and answered that all kids should be given maps.

If any of her friends or family are here and reading this, please set her straight, on every stupid thing she said in that interview, and tell her to get it right, or say she came from somewhere else.

People who are proud of our country and proud of our sport at least know a bit about it instead of making it up

Reply #206649 | Report this post

Flinders  
Years ago

Sounds like she belongs over there with all the other dumb Yanky hicks.
Reminds me of all the people Charles Firth from the Chaser asked what date 9/11 was and none of them could come up with an answer, most thought is was some time around October.

Reply #206658 | Report this post

Bored  
Years ago

What do I need to do to get into a 'Tase' college?

By the way, can someone clear up once and for all what the name 36ers refers to?

Reply #206687 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

What do I need to do to get into a 'Tase' college?
You need to be a bright spark.

By the way, can someone clear up once and for all what the name 36ers refers to?
1836, the year the state was founded.

Reply #206689 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

To be fair - she probably said Tafe, but the interviewer misunderstood the answer. However the 36ers answer (if she really said it - trust no journo!!! - esp. blogger types...) is pretty poor form.

Reply #206692 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754