DJ
Years ago

Cattalini Suspended for DUI

Article on gaze.com.au facebook page suggests Martin Cattalini was caught DUI over the weekend and has been suspended by the club for their next match, Cairns Taipans vs New Zealand Breakers.

Cattalini released a statement saying, "I in no way condone drink driving and fully accept my punishment from both the courts and the Taipans for committing the offence. It was a severe misjudgment on my behalf and I am very upset at my actions from the weekend, and implore all of the community to listen to the warnings from police and not, in any circumstances, drink and drive."

Topic #17585 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I was shocked @ this story and didn't see this in Cat.

He deserves his punishment and I'm glad he apologised.

Reply #206587 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

It is a shame but we all make mistakes and it was good he apologised. Still it is huge to have him missing when they are playing New Zealand next!

On other news the Sixers odds for winning the finals has gone up to $21!

Reply #206588 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Pat on the back for him for not dealing with it in a cocky dismissive attitude similar to many sportmen of football codes, etc.

Reply #206590 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Reply #206593 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Finally some decent exposure for the NBL haha

Nah crummy thing to happen, but handled it with as much class as could be shown under circumstances. Another win coming up for the Breakers I guess.... not sold on them until they beat a team like Melbourne or Adelaide on the road.

Reply #206594 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

and to think he called JR an idiot...

now he's a bloody idiot :)

Reply #206595 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

"I was shocked @ this story and didn't see this in Cat." LOLOLOLOL ... oh man ...

Reply #206613 | Report this post

Years ago

I just dont see why these highly paid stars of sports dont either:

1) pay for a cab!
2) pay for one of the "drive your car home for you" services?

It baffles me.

Reply #206615 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

What did he blow? Was it high range?

Reply #206622 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Geez, one week, he got off lightly.

Imagine if it was someone from the NRL or AFL .....

Reply #206634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I concur with the 'i didn't see this in Cat'

I can't belive it has taken him this long to get caught LOL

Lets just say, he likes his nights out and he likes his booze- a bit too much- in season.

The Taipans are in control over the media in Cairns so planned this story down to the last full stop knowing the best way to 'portray' it to the public.

Reply #206635 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

"What did he blow? Was it high range?"

Is that a loaded question.... ;-)

Reply #206639 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Thought the same DJ, sounds more like a question from the Gold Club trial ..

Reply #206650 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

"we all make mistakes" KingJames???
DUI ain't no mistake, it's a bloody stupid decision, there is absolutely no excuse for it.

Cat is very lucky that he will only miss one game, and I personally don't think much of his apology - it would be club ordered/forced, and he's only sorry that he got caught, not that he drink-drove in the first place.

Reply #206653 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Ofcourse the apology came from higher up, but it's a much better and more comprehensive-sounding one to the (average) fan or general public reading it.
It's more accountable-sounding than the dribble that footballers mumble with a smirk on their face.
I think he needs to be forgiven.
If it becomes a recurrence, then it's a completely different story.

Reply #206659 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Jordan - I agree.

What a f*ckwit. Anyone who drink-drives is a f*ckwit in my opinion (and especially someone who is in a position of influence and can afford a taxi!). Selfish, stupid and dangerous would be a few words I would use to describe people who do it.

Just yesterday an English footballer got jailed for 7 odd years for killing 2 young kids and seriously injuring their father because he was drunk at the wheel.

If you can't understand the danger you are putting yourself in but more importantly others than you're an idiot.

Reply #206714 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I hope his kids were not in the car.

Reply #206719 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Jordan, got my support too. There are no mistakes here.

Reply #206757 | Report this post

Charlie Babbit  
Years ago

"I was shocked @ this story and didn't see this in Cat.

He deserves his punishment and I'm glad he apologised"

Naivity is bliss Champ33.

Just lucky it was a "Ben Cousins" situation.

Reply #206758 | Report this post

Charlie Babbit  
Years ago

"I was shocked @ this story and didn't see this in Cat.

He deserves his punishment and I'm glad he apologised"

Naivity is bliss Champ33.

Just lucky it wasn't a "Ben Cousins" situation.

Reply #206759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The funniest thing about this is that Cat is part of the "Think before you drink" campaign that has been running in the Far North for a couple of months!!!

*Do as I say, not as I do*

Reply #206813 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754