MH
Years ago

NH: Apple Bring Out Safari Browser

Well I'm just using the new Apple Safari Browser. Its not half bad but it seems everyone is bringing out browsers. MS does not have the monopoly with Internet Explorer.

Anyone else using it?

Topic #17607 | Report this topic

hereschenes  
Years ago

Not to nitpick, but is this supposed to be breaking news? Safari has been out on Windows for a while now - (since June according to Wikipedia).

To answer your question though, I'm sticking with Firefox on Windows. Installing Apple software on a Windows machine (including iTunes, Safari or Quicktime) brings with it too many auto-update/iPod assistant/"look-at-moi, look-at-moi" services that I neither want nor need. Plus, even when you uninstall the programs, they generally leave the auto-update stuff sitting around. I like Apple products, not a hater or anything, but I've got no time for that sort of thing. YMMV, of course - I'm a bit of a pedant when it comes to the number of services running on my XP machine.

I tried Google's Chrome browser too, which was quite nifty and innovative in its own way, but I got similarly jacked off with the uninvited Google Update service so I binned it. That one was actually a bit of a pain to get rid of! At least Firefox just does its thing and doesn't assume you want it to take over your system.

Reply #206880 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Too clunky. Personally, I use Firefox and also the chromeless (funnily enough) web-app feature of Google Chrome for a couple of things too.

Edit: As said above, Apple products on Windows can really suck. Quicktime, iTunes and the like are slugs and the background update/processes are just getting ridiculous. Admittedly, I'm no Apple apologist, but I do have an iPod, iPhone and (recently) an AppleTV, so I'll use their stuff if I like it.

Reply #206882 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Bah...apple, it annoys the crud out of me...i use firefox and love it.

Apple users remind me of the people in the smug cloud episode of South Park.

Microsoft suck, but at least they dont expect you to think any different.

Apple clog up your machines, overhype their products and then expect you to fall at their feet and worship the almighty Jobs.

long live freeware and independant developers.

Reply #206892 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Enjoying Google Chrome at the moment it's still beta so plenty of updating and glitches but its still a nice browser, similar feelings as the majority on Apple and background annoyances but I have iTunes running on the machine :-(

Reply #206896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i run apple mac using safari and firefox. i never have updates popping up all the time. i went from ms to a apple and will never look back. all ms is bill gates viruses he has made so you need to buy more of his products

Reply #206898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754