Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Taipans, Oct 9

If I've managed to not get completely confused by the weekend's time adjustments, this evening's NBL game between the NZ Breakers and the Cairns Taipans tips off in about an hour (4pm Adelaide time).

Taipans will miss the services of Martin Cattalini thanks to a 0.117 DUI, while the Breakers are expected to be without Tim Behrendorff (ankle injury, or something). The Breakers do, however, regain back-up PG Paul Henare after some time off to attend to his son, who suffered an horrific ride-on mower accident.

Breakers go in favourites but if you fancy the Taipans' chances, last time I checked, Centrebet had them at around $6 - fairly attractive for a decent squad, even if they are on the road.

Breakers come in having drilled the 36ers, while the Taipans got mauled by the Tigers recently. Cairns lost Nathan Jawai this off-season, but have brought in Dave Thomas and Ian Crosswhite.

I think the Breakers could get them by 8-12.

What are your tips?

Topic #17609 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, 7.30 in NZ is, now 5pm here..

Reply #206886 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sure? It's currently 7.30 in Auckland and 4 in Adelaide.

Live Stats

Game has started. "Dabe Thomas" playing for Cairns.

Cairns up 6-5 early.

Reply #206887 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah just started ( 5 in ADL 7.30 in AKL )

Reply #206888 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Laptop clock running an hour behind... Oops.

Reply #206889 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Another unexpected one.. crazy season..

Reply #206895 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doesn't surprise me at all. Mee killed them offensively last season in one game, and Oscar is prone to foul trouble when defending a guy like Dave Thomas.

Reply #206901 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol go to nbl.com.au now for a funny picture of Ebi Ere grabbing Phill Jones' nuts soccer-style.

Reply #206907 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

For those interested here's the Ebi pic.

Reply #206908 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Wished I had put money on Cairns. Looks like Cattalini did his team a favour by not playing. I don't condone his drink driving but his non attendance at this game served the Taipans well. There's something to be said about a team that rallies around Cattalini when he is in some sort of trouble and then come out with a win. Adelaide did it some 4 or 5 years ago when they had a double game in Melbourne against the Victorian Giants. In the first game a fight broke out between Cattalini and Marcus Wright resulting in Cattalini getting a suspension for the next game. So what happens in the next game, the 36ers went on to win it without him.

Reply #206918 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

EC remembers the details of games against the Giants 5 years ago, but can't remember beating the Tigers last year? :)

Reply #206926 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

50 FT by the Taipans is a road record for them. 16-50 FT disparity might be an NBL record?

Breakers crowd broke 4,000 - proof that the Kiwis are bandwagoners, and have potential if they're winning.

Only two times in the last couple of seasons that Mee has broken 12 points have been against NZ in NZ.

Just wish I'd bet more than a few bucks on Cairns.

Reply #206941 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

thedoctor:
Was Dusty in that team?

Reply #206945 | Report this post

Archer  
Years ago

Watched game on Maori TV in NZ (live) 37 fouls by breakers in game - lots of holding and pushing.

Reply #206948 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754