curtley
Years ago

Cavs cut first deaf player.... how was he told?

Lance Allred was recently released by the Cavs.
http://linky.com.au/py31m
They guy is deaf. Because he's white and has a handicap (some might suggest whiteness IS a handicap in basketball, not me) you'd think the Cavs would've kept him on in a Chuck Nevitt/Jack Haley role.

But would the guy get chills when he checked in at garbage time and the crowed roared? Would anyone bother trash talking to him? How was he 'told' he was cut? I'm guessing mike brown would've just pointed at him and done the two thumbs down motion, then sort of gotten on two knees and bowed to him to say "but thanks anyway".

Lastly, when does everyone think the first legally blind guy will play in the NBA?

Topic #17621 | Report this topic

"Lastly, when does everyone think the first legally blind guy will play in the NBA?"

Never- they're in high demand to umpire playoff games.

Reply #206959 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

"growing up in a polygamous sect in Utah."

Not sure why the person who wrote that article thought this was relevant, but, whatever.

Reply #206973 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Maybe the coach pointed to his bum and then pointed at the door....

Reply #206974 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

What is "growing up in a polygamous sect in Utah."?

Is it like a poor area of Utah or something??

Reply #206986 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Polygamy (spelling?) is when a man has multiple wives, is it not?

Reply #207010 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Black Dracula, it gave some information about the guy's background, the fact he's a deaf guy who grew up in polygamous sect and has made it to the NBA is interesting stuff, what's your problem with it?

Reply #207030 | Report this post

basketcase  
Years ago

they probably mentioned it to get hits from people who enter search terms into google to find a new soulmate: deaf polygamous basketball

i know that's what i'm looking for

Reply #207039 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:58 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754