streets disciple
Years ago

Jim Jackson

I think he needs a post on here.... He is a quality player how come he has played for 11 teams 12 if he actually played for the hornets.

Topic #1763 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

I agree, he was a gun when drafted in 92/93

Reply #20041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh - he and Mash were both in the top 5 scorers one year back in the mid 90's

Reply #20059 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

he must be a difficult person to coach they why he doesnt last long at a team.he didnt want to play for the struggling new orleans so he got what he wanted signing for the suns who are a ship contender.he will be the suns sixth man and there only decent bench player.good luck to him

Reply #20095 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

There's one for the trivia buffs...who played for the most NBA franchises?

Reply #20100 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Twelve Teams
Player Seasons Teams
Chucky Brown 1989-02 CLE, LAL, NJN, DAL, HOU, PHO, MIL, ATL, CHA, SAN, GST, SAC
Tony Massenburg 1990-04 SAN, CHA, BOS, GST, LAC, TOR, PHI, NJN, VAN/MEM, HOU, UTA, SAC

Ten Teams
Player Seasons Teams
Mark Bryant 1988-03 POR, HOU, PHO, CHI, CLE, DAL, SAN, PHI, DEN, BOS
Jim Jackson 1992-04 DAL, NJN, PHI, GST, POR, ATL, CLE, MIA, SAC, HOU
Kevin Ollie 1997-04 DAL, ORL, SAC, PHI, NJN, CHI, IND, MIL, SEA,

Reply #20101 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

From Sean Deveney at SportingNews:

In the summer of 2001, small forward Jim Jackson had such trouble finding a job that he waited until December 2 before signing with the Heat. One Eastern Conference executive said, "You reap what you sow, and he's reaping it," meaning that Jackson's reputation as an uncoachable, selfish player was the cause of his unemployment.

How things change. Jackson was solid in Miami and was praised by coach Pat Riley. Jackson went to Sacramento in 2002-03, where his toughness and defense were key ingredients on a 59-win team -- coach Rick Adelman lamented the loss of Jackson last season. Before last season, Jackson signed with Houston, where coach Jeff Van Gundy told members of the organization that Jackson was his favorite Rocket.

Last week, after Jackson refused to report to New Orleans after a trade from the Rockets, the Suns traded for the 34-year-old journeyman because of his toughness and veteran presence. So much for being uncoachable.

"Reputations are a funny thing," says Suns coach Mike D'Antoni. "I played with a lot of guys who had a bad reputation. Then you play with them, and they're great. It's easy to get tagged."

Reply #20210 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Lloyd, you're correct with your count, but JJ is now up to 12 too. His "stint" with New Orleans counts.

By the way, did anyone ever find Andrew Gaze's Washington Bullets #4 singlet? On that note, who is the biggest journeyman Australian player?

Heal - Minnesota and San Antonio.
Gaze - Washington and San Antonio.
Anstey - Chicago and Dallas.
Bradtke - Philadelphia.
Longley - Chicago and Minnesota.

Reply #20214 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Longley-Chicago-Minessota-PHOENIX AND NEW YORK

Reply #20558 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

You're absolutely correct. I met the dude once in Adelaide. I'm a big guy myself, but he is just M-A-S-S-I-V-E and had a very friendly personality.

Reply #20580 | Report this post

GLEM JOSHUA  
Years ago

(Mod: BALEEETED.)

Reply #44796 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

GLEM,

Your are a fraud and I hope you spend the rest of your breathing life behind bars.

GO AWAY TROLL!!!!!!!!!

Reply #44797 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:05 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754