Anonymous
Years ago

The Dome Unavailable

Heard it on the grapevine, that the Dome is not available for use this Tuesday night for both Div 1 and 5, due to the court needing resurfacing. It was used for an Inline Skate thing and now the court is stuffed.

It would be nice if the main basketball statium in the city would be used for the purpose it was meant for.

This extra curricular money making event has now not only cost the owner money to resurface the court, but also lost revenue for its use on Tuesday night by basketball. It also affects games scheduled at Hillcrest so if you are in any of these teams check it out.

Just lucky there wasn't a sixers game scheduled there this weekend.

Topic #17631 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

im sure, the cost of resurfacing would fall on the organisers of the inline championship organisers as it was in there contract insurance to cover it.

and why shouldnt the owner make more money out of what essentially is a white elephant.

Reply #207051 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

I think its great there finally using it for something other than basketball. More profit means better facilities. I wonder long it will be before it starts being used for concerts?

Reply #207058 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

We might get the cube promised last year then!!!!

lol

Reply #207061 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

what ever happened to that cube?
Im sure people were saying it had arrived, if thats true why did it never get put up?

Reply #207062 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The sound system arrived and has been installed. Video part got cancelled. Remember how the owner lost tonnes of money recently - fair to say that might have influenced spending.

To the original poster, "the main purpose it was meant for" is irrelevant as it's privately owned.

Reply #207065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone tell me why social basketball isnt played at the dome anymore? Was it the change of ownership?

Reply #207091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The dome is so often out of action that you have to wonder if the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.
Always a last minute thing or a double booking and basketball is always the loser. Sooner the rats take it over fully the better, a dead loss in every way.

Reply #207094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find the venue manager has no idea what he's doing. Heard rumbligs about him for quite some time.

Reply #207168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the Dome available for tonight's games??

Reply #207758 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754