just wondering
Years ago

Summer Season????

I just had a look on sporting pulse to see the draw and noticed that the finals are held in December? Is this correct.....When does winter season start and how long will it be? One more thing....whats the use of having a summer season? Seems rather expensive for 7 games plus finals?

Topic #17666 | Report this topic

Weapon X  
Years ago

They're trying to line up seniors and juniors season.
The Seniors "summer" goes from September to December and the "winter" goes from February to August.

Same lengths but to get them matched up one has to be shorter.

Also so there's no mid season break.

Reply #207478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A 7 game season!? You've got to be kidding me. That's flat out dumb! I though 11 was too short but 7!? Come on.

Reply #207496 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

no... what was dumb was having 9 games a 6 - 7 week break, 2 weeks of minor round games, 2 weeks of finals and then starting a new season a week later

Reply #207497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly - is there any chance of some official announcement as to the changes and the thought processes involved

Secondly can we now call it pre season or something similar and main season - last time I looked out the window in winter I didn't see too much snow!!

Reply #207505 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

I believe Div1 will play each other, while remaining divisions will be split into 2 pools (where possible) and play 7 games (6 if 7 teams in that pool) plus 2 cross-over games, giving 8 or 9 games before Xmas

Reply #207536 | Report this post

Pultney 27  
Years ago

Why does winter need to be associated with snow?

Winter is merely the period where the majority of the season is played.

Reply #207537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pultney,

I hope they teach more than that there. No where in my studies did it link the winter season to when the majority of the games are played.

Reply #207548 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

What the hell are you on about anon?

Reply #207561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are idiots. Its a 9 game season with no finals is what i heard. Then by next year winter season starts straight up and its like 30 weeks long or something. This season is only a grading season.

Reply #207570 | Report this post

Pultney 27  
Years ago

An idiot would be somebody who is sprouting "facts" without knowing anything.

anon, the winter season will be the same length as in previous years. 18 - 22 rounds.

Reply #207571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

by my reckoning that puts most games in autumn

perhaps we should call it the fall season

Reply #207577 | Report this post

Pultney 27  
Years ago

With Easter, Holidays, State Champs and Public Holidays in March etc, more games are played in Winter.

Keep trying.

Reply #207580 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

The Winter Season will not be as long because Daylight Saving finishes in March

Reply #207604 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

you guys are cracking me up. why dont you just call it the long season and the short season, or perhaps by their proper names - Metro League Season and State League Season. That way it wont matter which season the heatwave falls in!!!!

Reply #207611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

exactly anon

lets name it properly

Reply #207649 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754