Cal
Years ago

Why wasn't Rob Brown re-signed after 04-05 season?

was watching and 1 streetball today and rob brown was on there, a 6'4 forward who reminds you of charles barkley played for townsville, was a gun player, but only lasted the one season. anyone know why??
oh and good link to check out if u havent already.
www.nblstats.com

(Mod: Fixed the Title for you.)

Topic #17672 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

I can't remember him that's how good I think he is :P His stats don't look that good either and at 6"4/5 and 100kgs doesn't seem to be that worth while. Also since he has joined And1 he must have no hope for his future in basketball and would rather join a bunch of clowns that think they are much better then they really are.

Reply #207576 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Scored at 57% and averaged about 17 and 7. I thought he was good enough to keep a spot somewhere. Might've been another reason they didn't keep him around? Maybe they picked up someone better the following season?

Reply #207579 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Replaced with Larry Abney. Pretty good replacement!

Reply #207584 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Overated. Yelled everytime he dunked, it won him the Dunk Comp that year, probably helped that it was in Townsville, and Carfino was his homeboy

Reply #207589 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I would rather Abney over Tyndale any day of the week!

Reply #207590 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Oh totally agree King James, has true attitude about him, kind of what Cattalini offered us everytime he played. Tyndale is simply nothing special, which is as shame.

Reply #207592 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Where the hell did that come from KingJames? Random.

I won't argue that Abney isn't a better player than Tynny but we already have three starting-quality big men in Balls, Schench and Holmes.

I was a fan of Brown, 57% from a SG/SF says it all. Nice guy too. He wasn't playing for anyone at the time he was picked up by And1, he said he was struggling to feed his family (according to 'Streetball' anyway). Good to see him doin ok now.

Reply #207615 | Report this post

DJRod  
Years ago

i was a big fan and a friend - he was the nicest guy off court and appreciated every opportunity he was given.

He went down to Vic to play SEABL after the season and then made a few ridiculous demands for being resigned - so we got someone for cheaper - ABNEY - he then screwed us for more money... go figure

We actuallyd another guy before Abney but he turned up injured - Marcus someone I think... Abney was 2nd option. The other guy could hoop but had a dodgey knee.

Reply #207622 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

i was watching streetball & that brown guy did look familar! thanks for that forget he played in aust

Reply #207623 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

XztatiK, Kobe24 pointed out that he felt Abney was over rated, I just pointed out I would rather Abney then Tyndale that is where that came from.

Reply #207641 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

I actually looked him up a few months ago, having thoughts along the same lines (i.e. "Where are they now?"). I saw somewhere that he was playing in Israel (for one of the mid or lower ranked teams) and was kicked off the team after getting into an altercation with his coach, having to be restrained by his teammates.

Reply #207696 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Come to think of it, I think there was footage of this incident on an And1 program sometime while I was flicking channels.

Reply #207697 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

haha ok KingJames, I think Kobe24 was talking about Rob Brown (he yelled everytime he dunked) but I see where you're coming from.

Reply #207702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754