nifty
Years ago

Boti on the 36ers' road record

Boti keeps writing we have not been good on the road since 2000.I am pretty sure we won a championship in 2002 so we must of done something right there.Made the finals the next 3 years so maybe the winning road record isn't such a big deal.No question it helps but you better win at home you don't have a great road record as shown in 2002.

Topic #17707 | Report this topic

Samba  
Years ago

Have had no consistency since 2000. Boti is on to something!

Reply #208004 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

In the words of the Great Roy & HG ... Sixers + Road Games = Dog's Breakfast!

Reply #208010 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Samba what is he on to if we won a championship in that time and played in finals ?

Reply #208012 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's independent of the road record though. He's not remarking simply that a perfect road record is essential, just that our road record during this period has not been good. And realistically, starting the finals from a good position can really make things easier (see those elimination finals that knocked us out in recent years).

Reply #208019 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

This 36ers team had better win some more home games this season @ least.

Reply #208034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac's nailed it. A 50% road record would be outragously successful with the league as even as it is now, but every away win becomes extremely handy in the play-offs. Yep, I do recall a couple of knock-out eliminations (both were away games).

2002? We only got into the finals through other team losses in the final round. Not a good way to get it done. Also, there were a lot of injuries to opposition finalists (some controversial), & we pulled a miracle out of our butts in a never to be repeated shooting bonanza in the G/F game. What was it, 14 of 16, 3 pointers?

Frankly, our 2 home wins weren't been all that convincing, & I wouldn't be putting a tick in the win box against Perth just yet.

I'm of the opinion that we play too "nice" & get unsettled with a bit of roughing up. How does a coach stop players turning the ball over, if he calls a time-out? Sometime sh1t just happens too, like Tinnie's eye getting poked out. I'd guess that'd upset a game plan pretty abruptly, but that's just me. ; )
Having Adam, Aaron & Winnie out, wouldn't have helped our cause against the Breakers. The loss to the Gong wasn't a great surprise to me, but the way we lost, is the worry.

Reply #208053 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's the article referenced: Time for Adelaide 36ers to starting winning on the road, and here is a preview:

Whether it's two nights away without the blanky or home duna, not having the comfort of the stars and planets painted on the ceiling or a teddy to cuddle, it's time for less excuses, more results. The last time an Adelaide team had a positive road record was in 2000.

Some are starting to query the sense in appointing a rookie coach in Scott Ninnis, and then not supporting him with a crew of experienced assistants. Others will point to an eye injury hampering Mark Tyndale against Sydney in Canberra, the late withdrawals of Adam Ballinger and Aaron Bruce costing the team dearly in NZ and the prolonged absence of Paora Winitana as factors in the road fatalities.

Of Ninnis' main rotation though, here's a chilling fact. Only Luke Schenscher and Jacob Holmes post better numbers across the board on the road. Schensch averages 11.5 points, 6.5 boards here, 19.7 and 9.7 there. Holmes' scoring jumps from eight points at 38 per cent at the Dome to 19.3 at 40 away. Ballinger's boards go up, his scoring down.

Reply #208064 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No reason why they can't take a teddy to cuddle on the road.

Reply #208198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754