Isaac
Years ago

Ingles wins NBL Round 5 POTW

"I'm honoured to be chosen for this award," said Ingles upon learning he had taken out Player of the Week. "We had a couple of great wins this week and the win over the Tigers was probably the best I've ever been a part of. I couldn't be happier with the team side of things and I can tell you it's a lot better feeling to be 6-2 than whatever we were last season at this time."
Tremmell Darden, Kirk Penney and CJ Bruton came close while the honourable mentions were:
Others in consideration for Player of the Week included Alex Loughton (Perth), Darnell Hinson (Perth), Larry Abney (Cairns), Anthony Petrie (Wollongong), Kavossy Franklin (Wollongong), Nick Horvath (South) Chris Anstey (Melbourne), Luke Whitehead (Gold Coast), Shane Heal (Gold Coast), and Derrick Low (Sydney).
Any others that might have deserved a mention?

Topic #17729 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Imagine what he could do if he did not have that strut.

Reply #208267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hinson was only one assist off a triple double shoulda got more of a mention..

Reply #208270 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Kent Brockman:
"Imagine what he could do if he did not have that strut".
Fastback(court) struts have their place. ; )
Congrats Jingles.

Reply #208272 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Here we go again...

Reply #208275 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

DB5, you missed the winkie?
Or do you have something against Jingles?

Reply #208277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just wishes you stayed away

Reply #208283 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Did not miss the winky..

Did not miss DDFan either..

Reply #208295 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Theres one guy whose always in the running for POTW..Kirk Penney..His name is up there every single week

Reply #208307 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Shows you how consistent he is

Reply #208308 | Report this post

9,499th Fan  
Years ago

Kent - Your right, imagine what he COULD do if he didnt strut and act like a child on show...
He's had his ass kissed that long that he doesnt even realise how much of a tool he's looking like...

Reply #208314 | Report this post

9,499th Fan  
Years ago

The guy can play, SO just play, check the strutting crap at the door.

Reply #208315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for that Phil

Reply #208338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fuk off Kent. give him some credit for once. accept he's done well and deserves it. why bag one of our own, who's worked hard to get where he is, and things are slowly paying off for him.

his "strut" could be that he just doesn't take shit from no one and is confident at going at anyone. No point him being shy and tentative - guarantee u it wouldn't have got him where he is today!!!!

Reply #208352 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looks like Kent's joke went completely over your head...

Reply #208365 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

err, angry anon, I think Kent was making a tongue in cheek comment regarding an earlier thread bagging Joe for his "strut".

Put the angry pills back on the shelf..

Reply #208366 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isaac and DB5 i seemed to have upet a guy called Fat Tony who has demanded i meet him tonight at the semaphore jetty 9pm, any chance you two could come along to back me up?

and yes anon it was a joke, i like the way the guy plays and i love that in his first game here hit a three and pointed at Phil who reportedly was yelling at the d to sag off as he cant shoot.

There should be more characters like him in the league

Reply #208371 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

While you've got contact with ("Anonymous") "Fat Tony", let him/her/it know that I'll foot the bill for the disabled taxi fare to the Dome, for Saturday night, if it, cancels the jetty meeting. It won't be a great financial drain on my part, the carer would be subsidised heavily by the government, be the beneficiary of the free ride, & game entry.
NB: Isaac, relax, I'm not angry, just making fun of "Anonymous" posters.

Reply #208375 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Reply #208378 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I'm miles away from a mood swing, but I've got ZERO time for the Fat Tonies of this world.
Pretty set that he wouldn't like me either, & I'm fine with that. ; )
Congrats on the derby win.

Reply #208393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754