MoG
Years ago

Sixers Salary

i'm interested to know if people know how much each of the 6ers players get as their salary...a few guess-timations could be done with the salary cap at $750K... any thoughts...what would Ng/Williams b getting compared to the major players??

Topic #1773 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

There are 10 paid players plus development squad players which are not paid.

750k would be spent on guessing this way.

Brett 150k
Willie 150k
Dusty 100k
Coop 40k ( what was offered to Moore and Stiff)
Reesy 50k
Oscar 50k
Jacob 60k
Darren 40k
JWill 30k ( League min.)
Nashy 80k

Reply #20127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find its none of our business. But the guys further down the rotation see very little of the 750k.

I don't know exact numbers but I do know the ammount of money they recieve for the time they put in they are doing the sixers a favour by playing.NOT the other way around.

Look at the comments made by some of these idiots on Who stays and who goes. I don't think many of them realise just how little idea they have about the game.Or just how unfair some of there comments are.
Some of the suggestions for who we need makes me laugh also.

Reply #20129 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Well said. To give a 10-15 year headstart to the rest of us, for the sake of a basketball career, is a huge sacrifice if you're not a significant player in the league.

Hats off to all the guys who do it full-time for pittance. I sure wouldn't!

Reply #20205 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

you wouldnt do it Moses? lets face it you would have to be asked first and that aint never going to happen...

Reply #20283 | Report this post

Portal to the...  
Years ago

Look how clever Doug is everyone. I'm sure you'll never be in the 36ers squad either

I believe the league minimum is 20k, Farley is on about 200k last time I heard

Reply #20288 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Doug, would I take up the opportunity to play NBL if it was at the expense of my current employment, which more than adequately feeds my wife and family? No, probably not, even if I was asked. Then again, us Mount Gambier-ites are more concerned with the SEABL anyway. What does NBL stand for? ;-)

Reply #20301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754