Isaac
Years ago

Stephen Black fighting injury

Cairns Taipan Stephen Black was unable to suit for his team in their overtime win last night against New Zealand and his injury issue could see him out for several weeks or the rest of the season if not his career. His father, coach Alan Black, is quoted here by the NBL:

"He's just tried to play through the pain, but over the last two weeks he's been having two ice baths a day and taking pain killers and its just got to the point where his body has packed up," he stated.

While the team have been managing the injury it all came to a head mid-week when even shooting a ball was too difficult for the point scoring machine.

"We had shoot around on Tuesday and he just couldn't move." Black said.

Black Jnr will head down to Brisbane for tests that will reveal the extent of the injury and whether he will be able to play competitive basketball again.

"There are a couple of options that he has," his father said.

"One is a about a six week option, one is a career ending option."
Full article on the NBL site

(Mod: Link fixed.)

Topic #17748 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Maybe its growing pains

Reply #208447 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Personally I cant stand him, but to be cut down by an injury like this - you dont wish that on anyone. Someone at Cairns really must have pissed off the Karma Gods as they seem to have injury or other issues popping up all the time to disrupt things

Reply #208451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his is a little like heal, you hate him but at the same time admire his skill, he always lights us up. Its a shame and hoefully je can get his body sorted.

Reply #208454 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Also for anyone interested in the article about the black injury it seems isaac has linked to the wrong article (or the NBL moved the article)
Black may not be back

Reply #208456 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Is that his recurring back injury?

Reply #208461 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Sorry guys, disregard that- it is his back- I was skimming and too lazy to read the article.

Reply #208462 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

It took me a while to put the inflection in the right place for the thread title. I thought he got injured in a brawl.

As in "Stephen Black has a fighting injury" rather than "Stephen Black IS fighting injury"

Reply #208495 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754