Carlo Bertetic
Years ago

Eltham Results

Does anyone know how SA teams went in Eltham?

Topic #1775 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #20142 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Sturt boys lost in the 14A Grand Final - i think it was 14A's

Norwood 20 2's took out the title in the 20 Men B-Grade

Reply #20146 | Report this post

Ben G  
Years ago

My (Sturt u12) boys lost 3 games and tied one but believe it or not weren't too far of the mark.

Scotts
u14 D2
Were dominant in most games, they were perhaps too hot in the morning wining the semi by about 30 but running out of puff in the final to loser by single figures, I think 8.

u14 D1
Lost one minor round game to Blackburn by a small margin. Blackburn had a guy doing everything including carying the ball he would've been at least 6"2'.

I missed the grand final but the quater against Keilor and the semi versus Bulleen were both good close matches.
Like I said I missed the final but the boys were eventually knocked off by Dandenong.

Mikes
u16 boys
Tied one minor round game and won a few other close ones. In the semi I think they came up against NSW Metro and although they lost by 10 they played awesome. NSW were shut down for about 10 minutes in the seccond half they copped a post game which lasted about 45 minutes.

NSW eventually beat Dandenong in the finals by five.

Other teams there were

Sturt u14 D2 B boys
Sturt u14 D2/D2 B Girls
Sturt u16 D1 Girls
Forestville u14 D1 Girls
Forestville u14 D2 Girls
North u16 Boys
Centrals u16 boys ? I think
Norwood u14 D2 boys
Norwood u16 D2 boys ? I think

did I miss anyone?

Reply #20147 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

thanks for your contribution anonymous!!!

Reply #20149 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

The under 16 boys competition was simply quality. Altho the NSW teams was the training metro team.... they were simply huge and so talented. Would easily compete solidly against any under 18 boys team over here.

Reply #20154 | Report this post

Jeff the Ref!  
Years ago

Also a crew of 9 referees jammed themselves into a 12 seat bus (we had a driver come with) and made the trek across the border. Plus one who took the easy way out and flew over.

Congrats go out to all ten refs who performed extremely well all weekend.

Highlights include Daniel Hughes and Paul Welbourn recieving an Under 18 Boys A semi as well as the Grand Final appointments:

Paul Welbourn - Under 20 women A GF
Nathan Durant - Under 18 Girls A GF
Daniel Hughes - Under 16 Boys A GF
Vanessa Devlin - Under 16 Girls A GF
Joel Ekers - Under 14 Girls A GF
Alex Jordan - Under 12 Boys A GF
Daniel 'the guns' Troy - Under 20 Men B GF

Also well done to Austin Harm, Carrie Handcock-Little and Mark Frost who all performed well over the whole 4 days. Thanks also to Mr.Peter Frost for driving and helping make it all happen.

Reply #20156 | Report this post

Barbra Doll  
Years ago

The U16 NSW Metro team would not be good enough to play in under 18s. The sturt team that played them were playing well but the NSW boys were played only 6/7 players in the second half to try and beat the Sturt Team

Reply #20162 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

The game i saw them play against a vic team (kilsyth i think) was phenomenal.

If you look at the depth of the under 18 boys this year and the quality of play, i have no doubt in my mind that the NSW team would contend all teams.

Reply #20168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done all u umpires!!!! ohh and congratulations on the teams that won

Reply #20172 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

If you want to see all results go to www.elthamtournament.com.au

Reply #20223 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

I coached one of the U/16 Boys teams, we played NSW and lost by 4 (closest game NSW had). They had us 16-0 at the start. No real standout player, first six were above average and very big for their position.

Must be given credit as they beat every team that made the semi's and Sturt in the Quarter's.

It was a pity Sturt didn't get to play the better Melbourne teams, they may have surprised.

Reply #20241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melhoops,

Are you bringing your guys down for the Norwood Easter Carnival?

Reply #20260 | Report this post

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

I musn't get any love for my U20M A grade semi final, just the U18s hey....?

There was also an SA coach that got thrown out from a GF as well.... I wonder who that was.

Reply #20359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was an umpire that almost got thrown out of schutsenfest. Hit me in guts for $5!

Reply #20360 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Anonymous,

We (Keilor) are coming for Norwood at easter.

Dandenong, Frankston and Melbourne coaches have also said they will be there. That would be four the best U/16 boys teams in Melbourne this year.

Reply #20577 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Freddy,

Kilsyth didn't get to play NSW in the 16's it may have been Keilor.

Reply #20578 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

My bad, Keilor it was... i knew it started with a K.... too many damn vic teams :D

Reply #20582 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

It will be great if all those team from melbourne played at easter. Sure my team and other sa teams will benefit greatly from playing different teams!!

Reply #20584 | Report this post

Checker Hughes  
Years ago

U16 Easter Classic will be massive if they all come. Haven't seen Frankston or Melbourne but SA teams will have to play damn hard to make finals if thats the case.

Reply #20675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melhoops any idea on u/16 girls teams coming across for easter carnival i know of one which is hawthorn

Reply #20765 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

No idea with the girls, I do know this year will be the "norm" in terms of quality. Nunawading will be the team to beat with Dandenong, Frankston and Bulleen not to far off the pace. So if any of these teams are going to be there, look out.

Reply #20993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Melhoops

Reply #21002 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754