Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs Blaze, Oct 24

Can the Blaze get their first win of the season or will the Hawks defend their home court?

Either way, Larry Davidson has a new haircut:

Don't like the Blaze much, so hoping the Hawks will come through but Joyce will be fired up to prove his Wollongong ex-fans wrong.

Brendan Joyce on NBL.com.au:

"Two wins puts us back in the hunt. That's the way we're looking at it. We've been playing good basketball, it's not as if we've been smashed -- we've just got to make sure we stay in matches for four quarters," he said.
Also worth noting that the Gold Coast brass have come out and said that Joyce's four year term at the club will be honoured and directly suggested that there are no plans afoot to replace him. Fair enough, but isn't that "he has our full support" line always trotted out before the axe falls?

Topic #17766 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Clearly Ive been at different games than Brendan this year - as there is no way I could say we have been playing good basketball (granted the 1st half against the Spirit was very good but the effort after half time cancels that out)

As for him having the boards support - my info is that he is infact very safe as the payout to remove him - and then replace him - is just too much at this time.

For tonights game we will need a lot more from our front court. Heal and Harvey will get 40 - 50 between them and it seems Whitehead is fining his groove too so Id expect 20 from him. IF we can get 40 points out of Melmeth, Frank, and Mac/Vandy then we could win - but I just dont see it happeneing and our D isnt good enough to score only 85 and win.

And if we lose tonight then heaven help us tomorrow when we play the Breakers with very tired legs.....

Reply #208597 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Isaac, there is no way Hawks or Breakers will lose to Blaze as they are not the Ultimate team that lose's to franchise teams. That team is Adelaide and the Blaze play them in two games time so that is when the streak will be broken :P

Reply #208634 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Blaze will win by 11+ tonight
wollongong are sh*t they were lucky to beat adelaide and there not that good

Reply #208649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

soz wat did u say that the hawks were S*** welll soz but they won so suck on that

Reply #208674 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I'm not sure that I understand what #208674 was saying but I assume it refers to Surmdog's comment. I also think I have to agree with him. Surmdog, you spoke a little too soon. Wollongong have picked up their game since Franklin became good a few games back. They are not as bad as you think they are.

Reply #208675 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Just made the comment to stir sh*t i tipped wollongong.
just coz they beat the Blaze by 2 points doesnt make them good, there worse then what i think they are.
franklin didnt become good a few games back he is a top import and was always a good player on a shit team.

Most 36ers fans still hold a deep hate for wollongong after that display in the 2001 semi finals.
i am one that will forever dislike Wollongong.

Reply #208698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754