Frank Drebbin
Years ago

J. Williams to Mount Gambier

Is this rumor or fact. Heard a rumor from undisclosed source that Jason is off to Mount Gambier to play as they will be offering him a job as well as a playing contract.

Topic #1777 | Report this topic

minor issue  
Years ago

we can only hope

Reply #20163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would not surprise me. He has spoken to a number of abl clubs.

Good luck to him. He gets a bagging on this forum but he is still one of the better ABL players in recent yrs and has provided the 6ers with very good service over a number of yrs and 3 premierships.

Reply #20166 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah ok fine hopefully its the last we hear of him

Reply #20173 | Report this post

minor issue  
Years ago

coukdnt agree with u anymore mr cheeze man.

Reply #20175 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Interesting to see how he does in the SEABL. Although, aren't alot of SEABL clubs moving to the Big V?

Reply #20195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ffs get off the guys back he does have a lot more premiership rings that any of you guys posting here

and even if YOU don't think he belongs there matter of fact is he was there.

Reply #20197 | Report this post

Journo12  
Years ago

He has not been officially signed by the Pioneers, but they do have a couple of roster spots left to fill and they are probably looking for a guard to start with Tim Duggan.

As for SEABL clubs moing to Big V, Dandenong (who won the East Conference championship in the SEABL) has joined the Big V, but all other clubs remain, including the addition of a North West Tasmania women's team.

I for one think Jason's ABL experience would be handy for the Pioneers after losing five of their main rotation in the offseason.

If he does end up in the Mount, He will be joining new recruits Chris Mason (Eastern Mavs), Dallas Jeffree (Perth Wildcats) and Derrick McDonald (Darryl's eldest son/Bulleen).

Reply #20201 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Fantastic! Send the world to Mount Gambier for all I care. We recent retirees who have moved to the Mount for non-basketball reasons, are just salivating at the thought of watching some good basketball.

Jase - if you're out there, see ya at the Icehouse sometime soon dude.

Does anyone know the full line-up?

Reply #20204 | Report this post

Journo12  
Years ago

The full Pioneers roster at the moment is:

Tim Duggan, Jamie Holmes, Jason Sedlock, Chris Mason, Derrick McDonald, Dallas Jeffree and Allen Cram, at least they are the guys with a chance to hit the floor.

Reply #20221 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Journo12, you seem to know a lot about the Mount.

Any room in a team down there for a recently retired big-man looking to keep in shape?

Reply #20233 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

(Removed. We get the picture; you don't like the guy.)

Reply #20235 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

mt gambier has more money than mm's of rainfall down there.
Half his luck

my question is why don't we get them in central not seabl - travel is less - ie do not need to go to tassie here

Reply #20254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to Jason if he does go down to the Mount. He would be a great pickup for them.

I know this is a forum for everyone, but Jason has been a great contributor to bball in Adelaide for the past 10 years.

Good guy, good team player. I for one would leave him a spot in today's team.

Reply #20258 | Report this post

Behind the scene  
Years ago

If he does go it will be interesting to keep an eye on his numbers and have them posted every week I think this will shut half you guys up. He will do fine.

Reply #20312 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey Journo12, you wouldn't happen to be a Forestville fan living down the Mount currently working for the local paper would you?????

Reply #20336 | Report this post

journo12  
Years ago

My cover is blown!

Reply #20337 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

By the way, this whole deal is far from set in concrete. Jason has to inform the club about his current injuries before any contracts are formally offered. I think it will be good for Jason to go down from a playing perspective, better competition, higher level of professionalism too and a great bunch of guys and club to play for.

Reply #20338 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey Journo12 what's been happening? Did young D-Mac arrive today???

Reply #20339 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Journo12, not that I have any idea who you are, but I'll be seeing ya soon down at the Mount.

If ya can recommend someone to play for in A's or A reserves both Mon and Wed nights, I'm keen. Any team with lightning quick guards and big bruising forwards would be nice!

Reply #20358 | Report this post

journo12  
Years ago

Panther, who are you?

Moses, would have to see you play before reccommending a team, wouldnt wanna put you in an opposition team if ya got game.

Reply #20400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Journo12 did u play for norwood in the day?

Reply #20401 | Report this post

journo12  
Years ago

Back in the day? I don't think I'm old enough to be talking about back in the day, I'm still in the day.

But yes, I am an ex-flame and former Eagle and now just a bum.

Reply #20408 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Journo12, an ex-Gambierite tells me it's the purple and yellow of the Panthers I should be playing in. Regardless, will see ya sometime. I'm the 6-7 dude with the 92cm 19-month old daughter (man, she just ain't stopping growing!!).

Reply #20412 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

By the way Journo12, when's the games? All I know is it's Monday and Wednesday nights for A and A-reserves ..... but what times and what months of the year?

Reply #20413 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Moses, it's pretty much all year round, in the footy season there's only about 4 teams, you should be playing for the champs, the Cougars! In the off season you tend to get both the footballers and the Pioneers all playing so the league's a bit stronger.
Journo12, c'mon mate, think about it. Who was number 32 for the Pioneers last year???

Reply #20429 | Report this post

Zooper Dooper  
Years ago

How would Journo12 know who number 32 was. The number was always covered up by the warm up shirt!

Reply #20443 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oh dear, Isaac - hand out another "he doesn't know who Panther is" award to Journo12!

Reply #20467 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

C'mon Zooper Dooper that's not nice...It was on my shorts as well!!! ;)

(Post of the day)

Reply #20475 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Cant beat the colours of red and blue.Play for the might bulldogs, great club... Panther you had many fans down there!!

Reply #20483 | Report this post

journo12  
Years ago

JB, hows things going mate? Staying healthy? Missing the top competition in the Mount A grade?

Who you playing for?

I am in Adelaide for the Country Carnival, you should catch up with us and the boys, Bear and Flash will be around (doing more drinking than playing one would think).

Hell, come and play for us, need the help.

Carlo, what division did you bring to the Mount carnival? Was that really your div 1 side? And is Warrick playing for you?

I have no idea who Moses is, only relatively new to the forum, anyone wanna shed some light on the situation?

6'7", we could do with that sort of height at Bulldogs in the Mount.

A grade plays at 7.30 and 8.45pm on Wednesday nights, B grade plays on Monday nights, not sure of times, probably the same as A grade.

There is no A reserve comp this season as there were not enough teams nominating for it.

Did I answer all the questions directed at me?

Reply #20509 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

That was my div 1 team for the current season. That being summer. Although we have numerous players coming into our team and coming back from injury. Yes Warrick is coming to play for us. We also have a kid from millicent. Gotta look after the kids from that area. Also have a first year coming back. So you could say we have some options. We are currently 4th and lost to 2nd by 4 and drew with North, not to bad, in my opinion. (most current kids from div 3's and 4's last season!!!

Who else is gonna be up for the carnival player wise

Reply #20514 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Journo12, depending on how the house move goes next Wednesday morning/arvo, might pop down to the Icehouse for a look ..... if I can drag the body out of the jacuzzi!

You asked who Moses Guthrie is. He's the captain of the Pittsburgh Pisces, the starring team from the movie "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh", and is played by none other than Julius Erving.

Damn that was a good movie. Someone please let me know if they ever release it on DVD. The soundtrack would be pure gold!

Reply #20535 | Report this post

journo12  
Years ago

I actually meant who are you Moses.

Flash, Ben Jones, Ben Anderson, Mike Kosch, Simon Berkefeld, Pete and Matt Holmes are all down for the carnival.

Reply #20583 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Thats a pretty good side. Some good bulldog juniors and one of the best players from the mount in Ben Anderson.

Go the Lakers

Reply #20585 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Nah Journo12. Couldn't compromise my journalistic integrity by revealing my identity. Sorry dude.

But when Vidmar and Northerner visit later in the year to see big EB again, they're on my team. [Note to V&N - pay attention here, and start preparing for Canberra in July!]

Reply #20618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever thinks the Pioneers have a heap of dough is surely mistaken. They need all the support that they can get both financially and spectator wise.

Jason Williams is a massive coup for the club, he will work extremely hard on the court and will be a key team player, unlike a recent retiree. What do you think Moses?

I think we will miss Panther's fight and dynamism on the court - Maybe little D-mac can be the impact player this year.

Now here we go,
Journo12 - you think you are a Journalist - gee they throw that term around loosely these days don't they?

Reply #20620 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Anonymous, Smokin' Mo used to spend time in junior days alongside J-Will with the old Ascot Park Uniting gang and yes, he will be a massive coup. A good guy both on and off the court and has a lot to offer.

Reply #20683 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Heard that Darryl McDonald's son is playing for Mt Gambier also.

Anyone know?

Reply #20754 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

DJ, if you read the post two above you anonymous has said that little D-mac will be playing so the answer to your question is yes.
Anonymous appreciate the props but you shouldn't be so harsh on the big fella. He contributed every night on the court, he was just getting a little old to do it every night at training!

Reply #20766 | Report this post

journo12  
Years ago

Always nice to know you have a fan.

If you don't like what I write, don't read it Anonymous!

Quite simple.

Reply #20915 | Report this post

Frank the Tank  
Years ago

Anonymous what retiree are you talking about in Mt Gambier? Posted back on 30-01-05. What so wrong with him?

Reply #21631 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

a recent retiree? names.....

Reply #21736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the math....

Reply #22107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If thats Jason Joynes which is being discussed i think you are quite a sad person!!

Like Panther said, go easy on him. Big J brought so much to Mount Gambier Basketball and the SEABL as a whole!

Reply #22270 | Report this post

dmac  
Years ago

Moses you are the new big guy for Panthers in A grade, who has recently started training with the pioneers. Was that just a one off or will you be training with them every week.

Reply #25698 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Moses playing for Panthers and training with Pioneers? Moses hasn't done anything much since he parted the Red Sea so many moons ago.

But seriously, yes and yes. Depends on work, how the body holds up, and whether I can remember all 6012 plays they run (!). Without divulging where I work and what I do, I'm a busy guy. Ask around - most guys in the Mount know what I do and I'm happy to help out if you need something from [BLANK].

Glad we're out of the A grade finals though - I stuffed my left ankle bad a few weeks' back and am struggling with it.

Next time you see me, say hi but on that note, D-Mac is my teammate. You should already know me!!! ;-)

Reply #25704 | Report this post

dmac  
Years ago

I liked the ugg boots you had on while watching last night moses. Very original. What have you or did you have to do with the power?

Reply #25862 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Just a Power Junkie. H can't miss a game or his world will end! Right Moses?

Reply #25864 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Power junkie? Paid up member more like it. As for missing games, have got second row tickets (every year!) but will be lucky to see 1 or 2 games in 2005. Of course, there's always the grand final to make up for missing minor round games.

Get on board the Power. Call 08 8447 9900 and sign up before there's no more room on the train.

Reply #25873 | Report this post

allison barr  
Years ago

hi jason williams how are you .how was your weekend did you have a good easter say hi to the pioneers for me iam not going to basketball this friday .my friend coming down .i might go next week .

from Allison barr
p.s. please right back
hope to see you soon

Reply #27288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754