Anonymous
Years ago

NH: Video Editing Program

Which free video editing programs can edit most/all video formats. A simple program is fine, I just want to be able to edit more video formats than window movie maker can do which is basically only one format. Thanks hoopsters.

Topic #17770 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

I have plenty of free ones, none of them legal

Reply #208616 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Actually I think what you need are the right codecs to be honest.

Reply #208618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what i actually need is one that can edit .vob (dvd format) files. thats the only i need to edit. can anyone help?

Reply #208622 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

What formats are you talking about?

I use adobe premiere pro to edit my game footage (very much not free though). I know other coaches use similar programs. It says it can import:

.ai .eps .aif .wmv .wma .asf .bmp .dib .rle .avi .dlx .flm .mp3 .mpeg .mpe .mpg .m2v .mpa .gif .jpg .jpe .jfif .png .ico .pcx .psd .pic .pct .pict .mov .tga .icb .vst .vda .tif .tiff .prtl .wav .plb .psq .ptl .ppj .prproj

granted most of these are not video formats (pictures titles etc) but some are. If I tried to import things like .vob I googled .vob to .avi and got a free program on my last computer to make .avi files and do it that way but can't remember the name of the program as i have a new computer and have not had the need since.

If you are doing a lot of editing though that is painfull because you must convert all files and then edit. Time consuming, but if you only have a few files to do its not that bad, but i wouldn't do it for things like a whole game.

What are you editing and what file types are we talking? I think the easiest way would be to work out exactly what file types you will be using then search for a program that can import them, maybe someone with more computer skills can confirm? I by no means pretend to be a computer geek, but that is how I have done it in the past. Hope that helps.

Reply #208626 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

you were too quick, like i said there was a vob to avi converter somewhere try that.

Reply #208627 | Report this post

Beleive it or not I spent hours and hours on this a few months ago. I then learnt a little trick. REname the .vob to .avi and it works as long as you have the right codec.

Reply #208631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2ndAssCoachUnionPresident , U ARE A SUPERSTAR!!!! This his been pissing me off for hours and hours and you have solved all my problems with an incredibly easy fix! THANKS!

btw, I can't believe that actually works, simply changing the file extension seems to change the format. amazing.

Reply #208636 | Report this post

Its a pleasure. Sometimes the simple things in life are often the best :). PS: I spent weeks on figuring this out haahha

Reply #208637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pity that, unlike me, you didn't have someone to tell you b4 u went thro all that pain. my joy was shortlived tho. now i can't upload to youtube. i've tried everything, different browsers, logins etc. I've also tried using both of the different uploader (the current one and the old one). It just goes straight to 100% instantly and then stays there forever but never actually finishes. one problem after another!

Reply #208640 | Report this post

Use "winAVI Video Converter". I think you have to pay. I have used this to convert videos into .flv files for Youtube.

Reply #208641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah but the thing is i know that the format works with youtube because I have uploaded the same format (and length) video before, its just not working the last week or two.

Reply #208642 | Report this post

I'm pretty sure eventhough you changed the extension ot a registered extension on your pc its still in the .vob format NOT .avi. The thing is your pc has the codecs installed to read .vob. Therefore you actually do need to conver the file to something youtube accepts for it to work.

Reply #208644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but i have uploaded a .vob before so it does accept that format. the format isn't the problem.

Reply #208645 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

yep cheers President, I'll remember that too for next time!

Reply #208647 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Win AVI Converter won't convert .flv files.

Reply #208672 | Report this post

nic  
Years ago

VideoCharge Studio well work with FLV files!

http://linky.com.au/f8phx

Reply #227602 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754