AussieBballer
Years ago

Hodge Cut by NJ Nets

http://linky.com.au/cqx30

" The New Jersey Nets have requested waivers on Eddie Gill, Brian Hamilton, Julius Hodge and Keith Van Horn, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today. "

Bad news for Hodge!!!
Some teams are still looking at finalising their rosters, but hard to see them grabbing Hodge.

Toronto is an option, they only have 13 players under contract and their SF have been crap in the pre-season.

Let the rumours of Hodge returning to the NBL begin!! ;)

Topic #17773 | Report this topic

ExWhy  
Years ago

Keith Van Horn! Man that guy was a gun in college.

Reply #208673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh NO!! Come back to Adelaide in 09/10!!

Reply #208676 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

We should try to get Keith Van Horn instead..the guy is the man. Too bad he took a year off from in NBA in 2006-07, which pretty much stuffed up his career.
I think we should try to get him.

Reply #208677 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think Keith Van Horn struggled in the NBA with Injury and you are right he was a gun in college!

I would love to get Hodge back!! Ill even pay for the plane ticket for Tyndale to go home :P

Reply #208680 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

does hodge still get the pension then? i assume not.

Reply #208682 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

balls becoming a aussie? ha

Reply #208688 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

id love to get hodge back, but on the topic of cut nba players ow about going after eddie jones? he got traded to indiana and they released him, i think he'd be better than van horn.

Reply #208695 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

I think Jones will get picked up in the NBA someone will look for a vet coming off the bench, Boston or even back to Dallas

Reply #208699 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

AFAIK, Adelaide have already contacted him but he already has very high offers from Europe (or the Tigers, knowing them...).

Reply #208704 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Keith Van Horn basically retired before last season but agreed with Dallas not to make it offical so they could include him in a future trade. Since they held his Larry Bird rights.
Which they did in the Kidd-Harris trade.
He is done as a player, he has made a ridiculous amount of cash during his career considering his production level.

Eddie Jones will probably retire or he may play for the Magic or Heat as his family lives in Florida.

NBA teams are finalising their rosters an a lot of talented players are becoming available.

If the Tigers pick-up a quility point guard they will become the dominate force everyone was predicting.
Smush Parker and Keith McLeod were just cut.
Smush would be an insane addition.

Reply #208705 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea, Hodge would definatly be worth a crack for the 36ers, and many other nbl clubs like the blaze and tigers.
Heres hoping we can land him, and Ballinger can be naturalised so we can have Hodge, Ballinger and Tyndale! (yes im dreaming, but that would be AWESOME)
But yea 36ers do all you can to get Hodge, also look at players like Ruben Patterson and Demmarr Johnson who are also ex nba players and i reckon would be awesome (at least as good as Hodge) in the NBL

Reply #208709 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I thought Eddie Jones was with the Heat, but injured?

We should try to get Hodge back and ship Tyndale. Let's do it.

Reply #208710 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If only we had a bit of money for him, as he liked living and playing here, and with Ballinger naturalising.. how good would it be.

Reply #208716 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754